Passenger seat available to the Ring

GT4 Zed

Following my very enjoyable trip to the Ring with Will(will350z) last month i am making a seat available for a like minded interested party who has always wanted to go there but apprehensive to drive there or venture on track. Infact i had a colleague booked but he will not be able to do it now due to other committents.

My trip is booked to depart afternoon friday 5th August and return late monday 8th August giving us access to 2 long(0800-1900) touristenfarthen(public track day) on saturday and sunday and will cover. Have another trip in October ;)

Ring1-1.jpg

-Pick up/drop in your home if reasonably close or enroute

- Eurotunnel return

- Passenger and driving duties to and from the Ring.

- Fully comp named driver insure covering europe

- Full boarding and lodging and entertainment(drinks :thumbs:)ant the Ringhaus hotel also including x1 dinner at the famous Pistenklaus restaurant at the Tiegarten(co-owned by Sabine Schmidt's mum and herself)

- 20 passenger Ring laps with me as you can stomach.

- 5 full tuition laps to truly pop your Ring cherry

- Visit/guided tour to the Ringwerk and other local tourist attraction as possible

- endless possiblity to see and meet entusiast from far and wide

- pics opportunity including yourself on track.(by arrangement)

- Time allocated for you to shop for booze in calais on return ;)

The cost of the trip will be circa £500 which is less than half you would spend if you went on your own and drove your zed there and back and did all the above including 25laps in 24hrs excl track inspection and prepping(full P3+ service, geometry, tryes etc).

The cost can be slightly negotiated if you will rather do less activities and focus on the driving only :p .

As Will can attest i have safety first and foremeost in mind and my zed has had no expenses spared when it comes to prepparation for track handling, braking and endurance. He was able to see first hand that the zed is more capable than most here will ever imagine or experience and has focused his mind on what he needs to do to improve his zed. I have no doubts the Ring bugger has beaten him and will be seeing him soon the with his own zed next time B)

In the end he confided he had an awesome trip and was on a high a week after. l am sure he will chip in to add anything i have missed out.

PM with interest or questionsrt to the proposed trip.

Ring2.jpg

Finally, if you have not less than 3year ncb or have any criminal conviction(drink drive, reckless endangerment etc) need not apply :p

Sounds cool :thumbs: very enticing for those wishing to pop their cherry as they say.

I'll aim to make the October trip with ya, although I won't be going if I still own those stupid Falken tyres which grip like a fairy when hot.

Honest AK, no pills, spare pants or plugs required ;):p:lol:

I am well behaved and even trying at 5/10th of mine or the car ability and that is plenty to make anyone quite sick and trill. The killer for a noob is the cornering grip and braking performance coupled with not knowing what happens in the next :scare:

I still am yet to repair my passenger door handle which Will ripped off in Wipperman corner(i think)....really fast S curves that can be taken at incredible speed generating gut wrenching g's even in a zed B)

I also have made a memo to carry a sick bag when carrying a noob passenger as it can be that close to bavving :lol:

Eventually after numerous laps Will was relaxed and fully enjoyed himself and did really well on his own laps. Did not time it but would be sub 12-13mins i reckon.

The only time i go fully for it is when on my own as i can be quite distracting to have a screaming or apprehensve passenger. On the other hand having a passenger evens out the balance of the car and improves the handling massively ;) I aim to corner weight the car to my weight so i don't have to relly on a passenger :p

nice one Will :thumbs:

Was on the phone will Mike(GT3 RS) yesterday ;). The car is almost ready and we plan to drive down to the Ring together on Friday.

I will keep this offer open till month end as it will be nice to have company and ballast :teeth:

Wanted to ask about insurance on this... well on the ring... as it is a public toll road, does your standard road insurance cover you when you are driving on it?

Just interested :)

Not normally. Most Insurance policies have a clause in them either mentioning the ring specifically or a generic clause mentioning unlimited toll roads etc.

Wanted to ask about insurance on this... well on the ring... as it is a public toll road, does your standard road insurance cover you when you are driving on it?

Just interested :)

You can get insurance even preferable with a german insurance company. As stated here or on benlovejoy's site or any other standard insurance from the UK will exclude the Ring :p

That is why iknow the passenger seat and laps experience on offer is very competitive because these risks have been taken out for you so you can enjoy the experience fully and safely.

Just 3 weeks to go now :bounce::bounce: