Has anyone tried these tyres?

Emperor Ming

I have just purchased a pair of FEDERAL tyres for the Z

they are an UHP (Ultra High Performance) tyre - so the blurb says - and according to

www.federaltyres.com/index.htm

they are a pretty good tyre. I have done about two miles so far so cannot comment but they look good and have a decent tread pattern and depth

DSCF0199.jpg

The best bit about them is the price.

I know that the guy who gets them is a friend and that I get them for the price he pays. I also get them fitted for free but £101 FOR THE PAIR has to be the steal of the century.

The only possible draw back I can see is if they are made for the Australian market then possibly they don't like the cold and take a while to warm up.

Any one with any experiance of them or things to look out for?

Ming the Impressed

Hi ive used federal tryes before on the rear of my supra turbo , they had good grip in both wet and dry and i had the car up to 170mph (not on public road before any body has a go at me ) and no probs at all .

they dont seem to have a big name in the uk but seem to be a big brand in the usa

ive also used kumo tyres before on a celica and was very impressed with them for the price :thumbs:

If you enjoy sideways action / drifting then you'll be fine!! We fitted a set of these economy tyres to an Impreza we took in as a part-ex as they were cheap........ the punter soon changed them :headhurt:

Very cheap but very poor ride / drive quality but much better than running on low tread / worn tyres.

Dave.

Dave - Was it just budget FEDERAL tyres you had on the Scooby or was UHP ones? They do a number of budget tyres in a range of sizes.

Hi Rob, i can't remember to be honest. I'm not ruling them out but respectfully giving my personal opinion for the set i bought and fitted. I'll have a look through my receipts and let you know which type they were.

We have fitted several sets of the budget tyre Nangkang (think that's how to spell it) and found these to be pretty good value and they seem to hold the road pretty well.

Dave.

:thumbs: wonder what price is like for 18" and 19" ..they look a nice tyre

Hi Mate

Next time i am down there I will ask. I will get a price fro both.

Exactly what size 18 and 19 are we talking about.

The standard front ones are 225 50 17's.

A quick update.

I have just been out for half an hour in the car and that horrid noise that the standard Bridgestones emit when you brake through 30mph has gone completely. :teeth:

It is wet and nasty out at the moment so I cannot give a full appraisal of the performance but they seemed Ok to me.

I need a dry day and a decent journey now to fully update.

Ming the pleased

:thumbs: wonder what price is like for 18" and 19" ..they look a nice tyre

Hi Mate

Next time i am down there I will ask. I will get a price fro both.

Exactly what size 18 and 19 are we talking about.

The standard front ones are 225 50 17's.

A quick update.

I have just been out for half an hour in the car and that horrid noise that the standard Bridgestones emit when you brake through 30mph has gone completely. :teeth:

It is wet and nasty out at the moment so I cannot give a full appraisal of the performance but they seemed Ok to me.

I need a dry day and a decent journey now to fully update.

Ming the pleased

Yes it's just like magic when you swop the Bridgestones :teeth: all that horrible tyre noise just disappears :thumbs:

my tyre sizes are 245 -35-19 and 275-35-19 :)