Michelin Pilots Sport are on... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Zzzz...

I just went to get 4 new michelin pilot sports fitted , as I feel the Bridgestones (with 4-5mm.) allow for 'lateral cornering techniques' a little bit too easily.:scare:

Guys at work recommended the MPS...and boy where they right!

immeditely the steering response was improved. And cornering takes a lot more effort to upset!

I guess this will be one of the better upgrades i will make in this Car (651gbp worth of peace of mind)

:thumbs:

I think any one that has changed from Bridgestones to whatever other make feels the same..I know I did, with Falkens and Continental's..just goes to show how poor a choice the Bridgestones were from Nissan

(I wonder how good a deal they got from Brodgestones to fit them as factory fit?? Hmmmmm ) :dry:

Hmmm if they're that good, Michelin must have improved them a lot since I had them on my last car 3 years ago. I changed to Goodyear F1s and found the F1 to be miles better.

btw. if anyone's putting winter tires on for ermmm winter I would steer clear of Dunlop Winter Sport M3s. They might be great (according to all the test reports I read) on snow, but on a wet surface :scare: Mind you, it might be because it's not actually been cold enough to justify having winter tires on yet. I actually wanted Goodyear Ultra Grips but apparently they don't make them in sizes that'll fit a Z with standard Rays... :thumbdown:

Hmmm if they're that good, Michelin must have improved them a lot since I had them on my last car 3 years ago. I changed to Goodyear F1s and found the F1 to be miles better.

btw. if anyone's putting winter tires on for ermmm winter I would steer clear of Dunlop Winter Sport M3s. They might be great (according to all the test reports I read) on snow, but on a wet surface :scare: Mind you, it might be because it's not actually been cold enough to justify having winter tires on yet. I actually wanted Goodyear Ultra Grips but apparently they don't make them in sizes that'll fit a Z with standard Rays... :thumbdown:

My winter tyres are on my lovely purple Vauxhall Astra 1.7 TD!

Ehm, goodyear eagle F1 doesnt exist either in standard Rays sizes. The 225/45/18 doesnt exist.

has anyone mixed and matched the front and rears (.ie front pair bridgestones and rears toyos)

and is there any noticeable difference in handling???

i need to get two rears and dont know which one yet....

thx

Having experienced the confusion the traction control suffers just with worn fronts and newish rears of the same make, I'd suggest avoiding this.

Unless you want to change the handling characteristics of the car I'd stick to the same all round.

BTW, I thought the same with my Toyo's - awesome! :)

Like a few people on here I'm due for some new tyres, I need to have them fitted around manchester, last time a garage took off my wheels they damaged one of them.

Also what should I be paying for a full set?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

depends what make .. but about £450 fitted and balanced

Like a few people on here I'm due for some new tyres, I need to have them fitted around manchester, last time a garage took off my wheels they damaged one of them.

Digsy is selling a full set of Toyo's in standars sizes for about £400 iirc. Drop him a PM :thumbs:

Digsy is selling a full set of Toyo's in standars sizes for about £400 iirc. Drop him a PM :thumbs:

Me and my marketing department! :thumbs:

10% commission please :thumbs:

10% commission please :thumbs:

I'll buy you and Big Dave a pint if I flog 'em. :teeth:

Good call, I have these too

still on the same set? They are fantastic and compared to the original tyres they are like riding on a cushion of air (so to speak, I know its technically a cushion of air...) as it is so much quieter.

Give P Zero Asymetrics a try next time, they are just as good and I find offer more grip over all