To pull or not to pull??

Marios

Got a bloody nail stuck into my rear tyre! The tyre is only 3 months old! Dunno whether to yank out the nail- its wedged in pretty deep but cant tell how long it is.

The tyre still feels rock solid! What would you do pull out the nail or leave it in??

Got a bloody nail stuck into my rear tyre! The tyre is only 3 months old! Dunno whether to yank out the nail- its wedged in pretty deep but cant tell how long it is.

The tyre still feels rock solid! What would you do pull out the nail or leave it in??

Pull out the nail but make sure that you are on a tyre place forecourt :thumbs:

You've got to pull it out, otherwise, even if it hasn't gone through yet, as the tyre wears it will eventually push through. Better to deal with it now under controlled circumstances than trying to deal with it at 150mph spinning down the autobahn (or whatever). :thumbs:

The point is...........you've got to pull it out.

That doesn't mean the tyre's punctured.

If you're lucky it's a short hole which wears away with the rest of the tread over time just like the deep grooves, no problem. If it's punctured, then take it from there....

Just been to the tyre place - the nail is in the 'shoulder' of the tyre and so he did not want to make the repair! He said if the tyre went flat he would be personally liable.

The tyre is only 3 months old! Cant believe it

Another expense before holiday!

Yuor not alone tho, once on my motorbike, just had a brandnew rear tyre put on and the next day I picked up a nail, also non fixable, had to buy another new tyre, what an annoyance that was...

New tyres seem to attract them, esp on the motorbike. I used to get loads.

Just been to the tyre place - the nail is in the 'shoulder' of the tyre and so he did not want to make the repair! He said if the tyre went flat he would be personally liable.

The tyre is only 3 months old! Cant believe it

Another expense before holiday!

how close was it to the sidewall?

You could get a second opinion... some tyre places just want to sell a new tyre

Ill have to take a pictures - its right bang in the middle of the side to the tread.

It was ATS Euro Master gave me a decent price actually for a new tyre and to be fitted - Falken FK-452 £99 fitted...

ATS Euro Master in West Brom if anyone wants to get some from there!