hfc's

Dano190485

hi all sorry to probably asking a stupid question but ive been looking into options on my hr 313 2008 zed, ive been thinking about hfc's what would the advantages and disadvantages of these be? Also what ones should i buy and what sort of price am i looking at? Also a rough fitting price would be great?

look forward to hearing your opinions

I guess you missed my thread from the weekend on the berks HFCs I had recently installed.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=51046

They make a big difference to the sound of the car, especially with an aftermarket exhaust. They also give a slight bhp boost, but to take advantage of that fully you would need a remap.

They can be very diddly to install as the bolts are very awkward to get at. Expect to pay 2 hours labour at a local garage to get them done. From my experience this is likely to cost from £100-£150.

I love mine, car sounds fantastic.

Only jjj..........ust haha

Hfc and nismo for orchestra sound :)

+10000000000000 greekmans car is fooking :cloud9:

Cheers mate :)

Very welcome mate! I honestly couldn't believe it was the nismo exhaust on your car at knockhill. The nismo exhaust on my car with standard cats sounded quiet as hell and not very interesting. The difference is unbelievable.

Definately thought about buying another nismo but going to go down the route of having the scorpion 2.5" midpipe changed to 3" to the back box as the nismo y-pipe I have has a 3" outlet hitting the face of the 2.5" flange causing turbulence and affecting the power. Hope it deepens the sound down a bit and gets it a bit louder.

It's been a long time Greekman, a whole year, when are you going to meet up with us motly crew?

I ll have to carefully choose the meets from now on mate ;)

Would love to see how your nos feels.

Oh and hope you had a fab time round the ring.

I did 8 laps in total in an avo from 5.30 till half 7. Then run out of front pads and fuel...but the formula 1 track was in ides on the ring route!! It was ace....including the f1 track and passenger the gf....I managed 9 mins 30 secs ish

cheers everyone, where did you all buy them from and roughly how much where they

Was so posted a link which gives info on the group buy we recently did.

Cost for the initial batch was 380, the 2nd was 400. We got them from Tarmac a trader on here but I believe he is not going to do any more, worth a pm though. Otherwise check out some of the other traders on the forum.

I'm still doing them Will just no more group buys in the near future.

I have one set of 03-06 ones in stock at £420

the 07 up will be £470 delivered, approx 5-7 working days :thumbs:

Ah soz matey, wasn't sure, but just incase i said he should pm you :thumbs:

can definitely recommend Tarmac, always kept us up to date on progress and once you have the HFCs on the car there is no going back the sound is awesome.

I'm still doing them Will just no more group buys in the near future.

I have one set of 03-06 ones in stock at £420

the 07 up will be £470 delivered, approx 5-7 working days :thumbs:

Ah soz matey, wasn't sure, but just incase i said he should pm you :thumbs:

can definitely recommend Tarmac, always kept us up to date on progress and once you have the HFCs on the car there is no going back the sound is awesome.

+1 on that :thumbs:

A well known garage told me the other day someone had their Berks hfc's removed because he coulnt stand the mid-range rasp on longer journeys!

Not what i wanted to hear as REALLY want some but seeing as mines a weekend warrior only i guess it doesnt matter and will sound mostly awesome :thumbs:

Not had personal experience on the HR as I don't have one, however I have sold a few sets and received good feedback. I doubt they are any different to mine really.

My own personal opinion is a stock Zed is very quiet, it needs an aftermarket exhaust, no doubt about it. Then if your like me then you want to enhance that too, the HFCs do that perfectly. I'm sure they are not to everyones taste. I'm sure my neighbours are not keen on them either :lol:

Personally as a 350z owner 'and not because I sell them' I think they are a must B)