Steering Wheel Question

DaddyCee

Hi All.

Another noobie question.

I am still seeking that elusive special 350Z GT and have been looking at convertibles recently. However many that seem to have the GT spec have only 3 buttons on the steering wheel was this because Nissan produced a different steering wheel for the convertible model?

Also I have also found that some have parking sensors and satnav. Were these additional extras?

Cheers, DC.

Sat Nav was an optional extra, I think the cost of that was a staggering £1400 on top of the retail price.

Reversing sensors was a "dealer" option. So, Nissan never offered it as an option, but some dealers would fit them if you wanted as an extra.

The GT pack ones should have buttons both side of the wheel. The ones on the right hand side are for the cruise control, which I think was part of the GT pack. The buttons on the left hand side of the steering wheel are the radio controls. Again, with the GT pack you got the bose stereo, which I think automatically came with the steering controls.

cheers for the speedy response.

the vehicles I have been looking at say that they have GT spec and do have the BOSE sound system, RAYS alloys and Leather Interior but the steering wheel does only have the 3 buttons on the left hand side of the steering wheel, which is starting to sound alarm bells in my head as they are not true GT vehicles.

Should this put me off a closer inspection do you think?

hmmmmm... sounds like they do not have the cruise control.

Im sure cruise control was part of the GT pack, but someone else will be along in a bit to offer more advice. Maybe cruise was an extra on top of the GT pack?

Another thing, are the cars your looking at UK models, as the imports did have slightly different spec.

All convertibles came with buttons only on one side of the steering wheel unlike the GT coupe's, which had buttons on both sides.

No they didn't. All GT convertibles had buttons on both sides, but where the ones on the left on the coupe did the bluetooth controls, on the convertible they only did the radio as BT wasn't available as an option.

If it doesn't have buttons on both sides of the wheel then it's not a GT car UNLESS the wheel has been replaced at some point, although why you'd do that is a different kettle of fish. :)

All convertibles came with buttons only on one side of the steering wheel unlike the GT coupe's, which had buttons on both sides.

No they didn't. All GT convertibles had buttons on both sides, but where the ones on the left on the coupe did the bluetooth controls, on the convertible they only did the radio as BT wasn't available as an option.

If it doesn't have buttons on both sides of the wheel then it's not a GT car UNLESS the wheel has been replaced at some point, although why you'd do that is a different kettle of fish. :)

Oops my bad :blush:

When I was searching for 350z's, all the 'GT' convertibles I looked at only had one set of buttons on the steering wheel also so I thought that was the way they were meant to be. Luckily I didn't buy one then! :scare:

When I was searching for 350z's, all the 'GT' convertibles I looked at only had one set of buttons on the steering wheel also so I thought that was the way they were meant to be. Luckily I didn't buy one then! :scare:

I've just researched this and looked at several photos of GT convertibles. It would seem that the extra buttons were introduced with the facelift model in 2006. I've looked at a few roadsters from 2005 advertised as "GT" and they are all missing 3 buttons from the steering wheel but they have all the other things that GT's have (Bose, Leather, Heated Seats). For example this one...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2971583.htm

If someone can produce a photo of a pre facelift roadster with 6 buttons then I'm obviously wrong :p

Pete

I've just researched this and looked at several photos of GT convertibles. It would seem that the extra buttons were introduced with the facelift model in 2006. I've looked at a few roadsters from 2005 advertised as "GT" and they are all missing 3 buttons from the steering wheel but they have all the other things that GT's have (Bose, Leather, Heated Seats). If someone can produce a photo of a pre facelift roadster with 6 buttons then I'm obviously wrong :p

Pete

You are correct. Buttons on both sides from MY06 onwards only. :thumbs:

I've just researched this and looked at several photos of GT convertibles. It would seem that the extra buttons were introduced with the facelift model in 2006. I've looked at a few roadsters from 2005 advertised as "GT" and they are all missing 3 buttons from the steering wheel but they have all the other things that GT's have (Bose, Leather, Heated Seats). For example this one...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2971583.htm

If someone can produce a photo of a pre facelift roadster with 6 buttons then I'm obviously wrong :p

Pete

Nice work!!!