Another Zed for the collection not quite a 350!

Keyser

:wacko:

That car is in bits! Cool that the engine seems ok, shell her and get the leftovers to the tip ASAP! Did you do a comp test on her yet? It must have sat outside for a while to be that rotten... get the engine out and stuff the old engine in there.. then let ricey take it on as a life time project to stick an old engine in a new shell :D

Fair play to go head first into a project like that! Would love to see the project plan...

:wacko:

Would love to see the project plan...

Plan? No I definitely have no plan, I did order a 300ZX Haynes manual today as it has the wiring diagram for the ECU etc and found a rather handy post on a website telling me which wires to cut to remove the ECU in a condition to still run the engine.

Basically I'm going to strip the 300ZX from around its engine and running gear to leave as much of the wiring vacuum pipes etc intact. Then I will take the engine and box out of the 260, strip the engine bay and lower the new lump in. - After that I will fabricate whatever I need to.

I will need to extend the engine mounts, relocate the gearbox cross member and possibly build an "A" frame to sit between the engine crossbeam and gearbox mounting points.

This is to spread the load as the shorter V6 engine will sit further back and not have much "support".

I am looking forwards to this project and it will be my first true hybrid build. Don't expect to see it at the Lakez next year!!! maybe 2020?? :lol::lol:

From the feedback so far looks like you guys n gals would be happy with a build thread on here even though it's not a 350Z???? :blush: