Which Trolley Jack to Buy?

philb1965

I want to buy a new trolley jack to replace the one I bought from Halfords over 20 years ago! I don't have a lot of faith in it anymore.

I mainly want it for taking my wheels off and satisfying my OCD cleaning needs since joining detailing world, but also general jobs like pad changes. I will also be using axle stands.

So which jack to buy? It's got to be lightweight so aluminium, low entry and quick lift. I've seen this one on amazon so does anyone have any views on it or recommendations for others?

Max price around £150. I am a costco member so I might see if they have any in.

Fire away with suggestions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... ewpoints=1

Right, looks a top bit of kit, I'll phone costco mk tomorrow to see what the price is currently and if they have them in stock.

I'll update the thread in case anyone else is interested.

Just bought one myself (after ChrisS showed me how good they were) - £83 incl VAT :thumbs:

Costco ones are great! I have had mine a couple of years now, perfectly fine. reaches well. well built and great price. They do tend to go for periods where they change their stock from the lightweight alloy one to the monster 3ton steel one. (dont get this) far to heavy for lugging around.

If you dont have a costco card, im sure someone could help out and get you one, I have a card and I often go to both the Watford and Milton Keynes Costco if thats any help to you?

i have the costco one but it was 100 quid plus vat up here. Absolutely love it. My car is extremely low and it goes under with ease. 1st class for the cash

If you see this post in time, bring it, I've a job for ya ;) I'll txt you when I get up as well, you'll be in trouble if you don't bring it :p