A few interesting bits and pieces...

coldel

I've ordered a set of dials. I can barely be trusted with a plastic spork unsupervised.

Any idea who I should get to fit them? They'll take a few weeks to come over from US.

Let me know too? Ive had a set for 3 month n stillhavnt got them fitted!

• 2 weeks later...
I've ordered a set of dials. I can barely be trusted with a plastic spork unsupervised.

Any idea who I should get to fit them? They'll take a few weeks to come over from US.

Hmmm. The instructions aren't detailed: "Remove the gauge cluster from the vehicle/dash". FFS.

I've downloaded the service manual and it says the air bag system must be disconnected first. This sounds as though it may be a bigger job than I bargained for. :rant:

Hmmm. The instructions aren't detailed: "Remove the gauge cluster from the vehicle/dash". FFS.

I've downloaded the service manual and it says the air bag system must be disconnected first. This sounds as though it may be a bigger job than I bargained for. :rant:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17598 :thumbs:

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmm. Husky had a proper go at fitting these today, but I asked him to forget it and return to normal.

A couple of things; 1. it whines like a bastard, 2. there is either no hole or a massive hole for the revs indicator light, 3. some of the wording/symbols is wrong for UK spec - eg it says BRAKES instead of the brake symbol, 4. way more fiddly than you'd think.

I've decided to go for Husky's 'own' version. i.e. one he recommends and fits, and has done so successfully many times. It's more expensive and not as fancy but it fits and works. Looking forward to it.

One last word; Husky is an experienced and very patient perfectionist - I'd definitely recommend him. Nice one mate. :thumbs: