Senna

coldel

It was only on in Putney from Saturday to today...so yeah limited showing so get in quick. It certainly is something else watching Grand Prix on a big screen. The first race footage shows his real entry into Formula 1 in his 6th race I think it was, driving a crappy Toleman he destroyed the field going up through the placings and closing down on Prost in the pouring rain who then waved to officials to stop the race early because of the weather which they did...it really sets the film up.

The first race footage shows his real entry into Formula 1 in his 6th race I think it was, driving a crappy Toleman he destroyed the field going up through the placings and closing down on Prost in the pouring rain who then waved to officials to stop the race early because of the weather which they did...it really sets the film up.

Yeah, I remember that race very well, a truly amazing race. What a lot of people don't know is that Senna himself was being reeled in by Steffan Bellof in an outdated Tyrell at a great rate of knots. Although Senna realised his potential in the years to come, Bellof was sadly killed in a sportscar race at Spa. For those of you who have been to the Nurburgring then you may know that Bellof still holds the lap record set in 1983, a record unlikely to be broken.

Pete

Watched this last night and it is a truly awesome film. I wasn't really into motorsports back in Senna's time but watching this just shows you how good he was.

Back before technology ruled the F1 I believe he was untouchable, he took his car so far over the line it was scary.

Highlight for me was the Brazil GP when he built up a big lead and with 3-5 laps to go his gearbox failed which meant he could only use 6th gear, and still won!!!!!

The film also puts Prost in a very bad light indeed, as well as the bigwigs of F1.

I'm going on Monday, I'm obviously very much older than you and remember seeing Senna at Brands Hatch on a Formula 1 tyre testing day at the start of his career, you could tell then he was just so much better than the others :drive1

Watched this last night and it is a truly awesome film. I wasn't really into motorsports back in Senna's time but watching this just shows you how good he was.

Back before technology ruled the F1 I believe he was untouchable, he took his car so far over the line it was scary.

Highlight for me was the Brazil GP when he built up a big lead and with 3-5 laps to go his gearbox failed which meant he could only use 6th gear, and still won!!!!!

The film also puts Prost in a very bad light indeed, as well as the bigwigs of F1.

Yes it did make a villan out of Prost, and the heirarchy of F1. Also, that meeting where Senna was trying to raise the issue that the tyres do not make the run off areas safe and the guy in charge simply said 'the best decision is my decision' - you could almost feel the hatred of the drivers in the room after that comment.

Interestingly the film did acknowledge that Prost is a leading trustee of the Senna foundation to help underprivaleged kids in Brazil.