Ski Rack on the boot ?

sutski

Hi All, I am a month into my Z and loving it to bits :teeth:

I just shod her with some flash winter rubber yesterday in the form of Pirelli Sottorosso W240 winter tyres :yahoo: I put them straight onto the RAYS 18's and kept the new tyres in the same dimensions 225/245. I immediately did a few burn outs in a car park of course to try and remove some of the mould plastic a bit quicker (honestly officer I was doing donuts to make my tyres safer :p ) then I went for yet another pointless no real reason drive, just because I can B)

I need some nice new fresh powder snow to try them out in now please!!

I have a boot mounted MG Ski rack and I reckon it will fit on the Z too. Do people mount boot racks on the Z roadster ?

I guess I am asking does anyone think I will rip the boot off if I charge around with a ski rack on or do lots of people mount a rack on the boot !!??

• 2 weeks later...

Been sliding around quite nicely today! It is so much more fun to pop out the back in than my MG was, I cant resist it on round abouts, they are freakin great. Not tried the rack yet, but will give it a go manana. Still playing golf unbelievably so not dusted off the skiis yet. I am also loving the wheelspins into second gear, haha I cant stop doing them!! The esp is I reckon a fraction too intrusive, but as I am not an expert in these matters and the fact I amstill in one piece, shows it must be doing something right !! :thumbs:

I live in Luzern and work in Baar near to Zug. I do slaes and marketing for a company called Global Recovery Alliance. We collect international debts, so you now know who to speak to if someone owes you some money.... :boxing:;)

• 1 year later...

Sorry it took me over a year to get this sorted, lazy barsteward is my middle name......buuuuuut, I just cleaned the beast off and this morning attached my old MG ski rack to the Z's ample and shapely rump ready for a charge up to the pistes tomorrow morning......HURRAH !!!

....laugh away :blush::blush:

Fear ye not....I will be snapping away tomoz with the roof down and skiis on for sure !!

I just found out at lunch though that the top clip stops the roof cover opening at the mo but I will drop it back a bit tomoz and see if it will work then as it would be rather sweet to be able to drop the hood with the rack still on...

Fair play. At least now you can go ski-ing and enjoy the delights of driving the Z rather than having to go and get another car just to go skiing.

When I go snowboarding I can only 'just' manage to get my board and bag into the passenger seat. There ain't much room to spare.