03 cubby hole size

andlid

Hello chaps, thinking of getting a for sale screen (on here) for my cubby. Can someone tell me what size the screen needs to be to fit in there?

Here is the data of the screen:

(it's all in the wrong metric so don't say anything to me and don't have my car outside to measure either)

Casing is 7 3/4 " wide by (just under) 5 1/2"

The screen measures (just under) 4 3/4" by 6 1/4"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

MR.A

:offtopic: but I am in Cork and Galway next week, on work time though.... :lol:

:lol: Eh ok :D

You flying into Cork or Shannon? (Or Dublin) Could meetup for a few pints of the black stuff :thumbs:

Flying into Dublin Monday Morning, Staying at the Victoria Hotel in Galway on Monday night then driving down to Cork till thursday, Ferry back to

Pembroke Friday.

:offtopic: but I am in Cork and Galway next week, on work time though.... :lol:

:lol: Eh ok :D

You flying into Cork or Shannon? (Or Dublin) Could meetup for a few pints of the black stuff :thumbs:

Flying into Dublin Monday Morning, Staying at the Victoria Hotel in Galway on Monday night then driving down to Cork till thursday, Ferry back to

Pembroke Friday.

I'll meet you in an early bar on Monday so :D What port you going out of Friday? In Dubland so not going near the west next week :teeth:

Hello chaps, thinking of getting a for sale screen (on here) for my cubby. Can someone tell me what size the screen needs to be to fit in there?

Here is the data of the screen:

(it's all in the wrong metric so don't say anything to me and don't have my car outside to measure either)

Casing is 7 3/4 " wide by (just under) 5 1/2"

The screen measures (just under) 4 3/4" by 6 1/4"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

MR.A

mmmm i just replied on teh for sale thread, as the screen is advertised as 8" so are you sure those specs are correct? (As teh picture on the box makes the screen look alot bigger then the one i have)

My 7" only just fit in with all the casing etc, removed. You can go bigger but you either need to mount somewhere else or do very carefull dremel work...

Got them numbers from the seller. Might be better off getting the 7" lilleputt instead.

I had a 7" lilliput with the casing removed in my old 350z. The screen itself fit the whole perfectly, but the actual visible part (ie bit with the pixels) was ever so slightly smaller. I ended up just taping a small amount around the edge with black leccy tape to make it look neat :thumbs:

Got them numbers from the seller. Might be better off getting the 7" lilleputt instead.

I had a 7" lilliput with the casing removed in my old 350z. The screen itself fit the whole perfectly, but the actual visible part (ie bit with the pixels) was ever so slightly smaller. I ended up just taping a small amount around the edge with black leccy tape to make it look neat :thumbs:

got any pics?

Pfff thats going back a while! Let me check my photobucket :blush:

EDIT: Non on PB, I'll check at home when I get back. It was kind of hacked together to start with so not something I wanted to show off :lol:

I would go out to the shed & measure the spare cubby I've got left, but I can't be arsed :p

I'll do it in the morning if you don't have an answer by then :thumbs:

by the looks of things I'm couting on you :lol:

speaking of things people CBA doing, i just got round to checking that address for you. you have a PM