The BT phone adapter

zollburgers

I know now I'm missing one (I assumed the slot thing in the arm rest was to put an actual phone in) and it will cost £90 or so to buy.

Why are they removable anyway :rant: ?

Is the adapter specific to Nissan or is there an alternate (cheaper) version available?

I've had a large psychological dent in my finances already and so I'm probably going to wait until pay day before I buy one!

The car is amazing though, why didn't you guys tell me how good they were before now :headhurt:

Mine was missing too, but i wouldnt be without it now, i think they are missing in a lot of cars because people like yourself have to buy one and when you sell on its one of those things to get a bit of money back. good luck with your car and welcome to the club :thumbs:

But..........why are the adapters removable?

The design was complete prior to bluetooth being generally available ....... the cradle was designed to accept a Nokia phone (I think) ..... as phones moved onward and upward, the bluetooth adapter was marketed to slot into the cradle designed for the Nokia; thus opening up the chance to use a more modern bluetooth phone ....... IMHO the voice recognition has always been a bit difficult to get on with, but the fact that calls can be received hands free is a useful feature

That makes a surprising amount of sense, although it would have been nice if they switched to an integrated bluetooth device as soon as the standard was defined.

I've purchased one from a very nice member now and so my car should be fully complete soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a new work phone (an HTC Desire, which is a Windows type phone) and it will not work handsfree. It says it has paired but the audio does not come through the speakers.

I've read that this is a common problem with this type of phone but has anyone got one to work? If so how?

Apparently using the voice activated stuff will work but the car cannot really understand my accent so this is tricky.

But..........why are the adapters removable?

it goes back to before bluetooth. Different adaptors were made for different brand of phones. Think there was around 5 versions. Along came bluetooth. Instead of all new system and better for those who still had the base units but just needd to buy a new bluetooth adaptor which plugged into to the same base unit. It does make it cheaper for the owner.