newbie in birmingham

hey guys and gals,

im scott im 23 from sunny old birmingham. i currently drive a seat ibiza cupra btu have wanted a 350z for a while, until now insurance hasnt really been on my side and is still ridiculous at £2200 fully comp but its the cheapest i can find.

hopefully will get one august time and be able to send alot more time on here

Hey Scott... Thought of moving? :lol:

23 is an expensive age to insure a Zed at... but your postcode won't be helping much...

But... WELCOME!

Get lots of reading done before you get your Z... so you are ready for when you do! :drive1

when you say reading what do you mean?

the power etc i will able to handle as my ibiza to be honest is all over 350z unless there modified. only difference will be rwd!

yes i no birmingham doesnt help me one bit, there is a link somewhere of poscodes and there insurance ratigns, i could do with that lol

the power etc i will able to handle as my ibiza to be honest is all over 350z unless there modified. only difference will be rwd!

yes i no birmingham doesnt help me one bit, there is a link somewhere of poscodes and there insurance ratigns, i could do with that lol

I'm not trying to be patronising but there is a big difference between a powerfull RWD and FWD. FWD are kiddies toys that can be thrown into corners at any speed, RWD requires some respect.

right, that did sound patronising, wasn't meant to but the point still stands :blush:

:welcome:

ye i get that and dont worry it wasnt taken offensively.

fwd are kiddies toys agreed, my cupra on the other hand i wouldnt give the keys to a kid lol, they would kill themselves haha

ive not had much rwd expereince so will definately be readign up on this anyway and hopefully gettign to take one out for a test drive

I'm not trying to be patronising but there is a big difference between a powerfull RWD and FWD. FWD are kiddies toys that can be thrown into corners at any speed, RWD requires some respect.

right, that did sound patronising, wasn't meant to but the point still stands :blush:

I meant reading for when you get it ... for modding , working on it etc...

But Husky kinda has a point.... a 300bhp FWD can be driven by pretty much any one, at speed. Chucking it into corners and such.

RWD is a different kettle of fish. Scared me a time or two! :blush:

Welcome to the forum, its certainly the right place to learn about zeds and workout what you want, so when you come to buy one you`ll know more than the garage selling it!

As the others have said 300bhp RWD is a bit scary for a start. Ive always had FWD cars, some very quick ones at that, and so getting into a RWD car was err.... intersting! Luckily im still taking it steady, but did have a scare the other day trying to come out of a side road quickly when the back end just spun out like mad!!!

Mk3 or Mk4 Cupra?

I made the change from a mk4 to a z at a similar age to you & only ever paid more thank £1k for insurance after I supercharged it. My Z in n/a form felt slow compared to my stage 1 Cupra :blush:

Really shows how much a postcode can affect insurance rates. I'm the same age in a fairly nice suburb of London (still not exactly Cornwall here though) and I pay under £800 fully comp. in case you haven't already, add you parents onto the policy, it dropped mine about £300.