nissan qashqai or fabia vRS?? which do i get?

sparky370z

i have a bit of a problem really. i am getting a new company car and dont know what to get.

i have looked at the Audis and BMWs but they are too expensive on my budget.

i have looked at the skoda fabia vRS 1.4 180ps and the Nissan Qashqai 1.5 ntec

i really dont need that much space in the car. i really just need enough to put small hand tools in the boot.

i am driving the Qashqai at the moment and it is a nice car. its got lots of extras (sat nav, BT, CC, massive sunroof ect. and the CO2 is 138g/km

the Skoda is nice to look at goes like stink and is on 148g/km. this is loaded with stuff too.

the nissan is pretty gutless on the road and needs to be driven quite hard. which in turn makes the MPG pretty crap. (only 37 MPG average).

i havent driven the Skoda yet but would like to think that its quite nice.

has anyone had any experience with either car. your opinions would be valued.

Sparky

Although a different brand, I had a VW Scirocco for 6 months with the 1.4 turbo/super charged engine - presume the skoda VRs is the same one? If so its a stunning engine and has great revs through the range (supercharging in low, turbo kicks in around 3000). Probably one of the best engines out there at the moment given its size, emmissions and power.

Definitely the Fabia - one of the best small hatches around and now Skoda have dumped the diesel version.

Trying to convince my other 'alf that what she needs to replace the Jazz, but guess what - yeah you got it, it has the wrong badge :doh:

I have the Qashqai Tekna. I love it. Some of the extras only come with the Tekna as standard so check your budget, as they won't all be in the base model. Great little/big car though. Only down side I'd say is you can't realistically carry five people unless the three in the back have tiny bums and the one in the middle has no sence of feeling in that department as the lump is hard!

well unfortunately it looks like the fabia will be out of the question as the car needs to be a oil burner! bummer!!! :thumbdown:

im hoping that i can convince them it would be better as its a smaller engine ect!!

plus they wont let me have it in green!! :rant::lol:

well unfortunately it looks like the fabia will be out of the question as the car needs to be a oil burner! bummer!!! :thumbdown:

im hoping that i can convince them it would be better as its a smaller engine ect!!

plus they wont let me have it in green!! :rant::lol:

What about a Octavia? They do a quick diesel one I think.

the octavia vRS can be a diesel!! that could be an option. only thing is though, with all of the extras it get very expensive

Standard spec should be quite good though. How many extra's are you after?