Posts per page...

Can I alter the number of posts per page anywhere?

On my reef forum I can set it to 100... so I have to skip to new pages less :D

(How lazy am I ... the forum MUST be good if this is all I can moan about!) :thumbs:

The whole forum would need to be altered I believe.

And this could mean ridiculous loading times for some users with slower net connections.

You think this is bad - the VXROnline only has 8 posts a page!

And this could mean ridiculous loading times for some users with slower net connections.

WOW!!! Only 8!!!

Yeah, I up my posts per page on other forums as I have a super quick BB connection.

When it slows down at weekends, I turn the number of posts down if needed.

Like I said... scraping the barrel for forum issues. You guys run a tight ship! :#1:

Yup its a sitewide setting unfortunately. But we are always open to suggestions - so if a significant number want it to be upped, we can look into it. ATM its set to 15 - we might do say 20/25 if people want and see how the perfomance goes.

WOW!!! Only 8!!!

Yeah, I up my posts per page on other forums as I have a super quick BB connection.

When it slows down at weekends, I turn the number of posts down if needed.

Like I said... scraping the barrel for forum issues. You guys run a tight ship! :#1:

So this is why the forum keeps crashing - somebody is using all the bandwidth up!! :teeth:

Nope forum crashes cos too many people want to see it at once - WIN and FAIL all at the same time :lol:

What are the peak times then, as the forum went at around 10:30pm last night? (Is that a peak time)

Nope forum crashes cos too many people want to see it at once - WIN and FAIL all at the same time :lol:

What are the peak times then, as the forum went at around 10:30pm last night? (Is that a peak time)

~9am is the smallest peak, then builds again at 12pm and the biggie is between 8pm-11pm, although we have a random spike around 1am too - probably the drunkards coming home :drunk: