Error code P1133

4RE Leather

Hopefully I have now put this in the right place. If not don't yell at me It's not my fault I am disabled!

I have a distinct missfire. In fact ever since I aquired the car. The day I picked it up it ran out of fuel b4 I could get to the Garage.

This is the same 350z that I have been having all the aggro with. We put a code reader on it and intermitent P1133 came up.

I am taking into WLMG tomorrow as it's down to them but I like to be armed with all the knowledge in advanced.

Thanks in advance

Peter :clap:

Tried an ecu reset? wont get rid of your missfire tho.WLMG wont have a clue. See mark at Abbey motor sports.... :thumbs:

I never mentioned WLMG!! ha ha. Unfortunately as it's under warranty and they are going to exchange the car technically it is down to them. It is a nuisence as it's a bit thirsty and there is a definate power loss between 3-5000 revs. In idle you can feel the vibrations through the steering wheel and gear shift. Plus the pop pop from the exhaust. I'm giving Hanwell a go on this occasion.

If I were footing the bill it would either be Abbey or AMD.

Thanks for the info

Peter

I have been advised, on good authority, it is "Probably perhaps a front O2 sensor fault relating to an unstable voltage issue." ;)

Hi Colin

Thats exactly what Toyota have it down as I wondered if Japanese car manufacturers used a generic coding:)

many thanks for getting back to me and everyone else.

You have as always been a great help and when I eventually get sorted with a car that I can call my own be it a 350 or 370 maybe we can join up at a meet and I will stand you guys a beer. Suddenly 1000 members carry me over to the beer tent:):)

What the hell I cant take it with me.

Do they have meets in the Kingston Croydon area?

Peter

I have been advised, on good authority, it is "Probably perhaps a front O2 sensor fault relating to an unstable voltage issue." ;)

Hi Colin

Thats exactly what Toyota have it down as I wondered if Japanese car manufacturers used a generic coding:)

You have as always been a great help and when I eventually get sorted with a car that I can call my own be it a 350 or 370 maybe we can join up at a meet and I will stand you guys a beer. Suddenly 1000 members carry me over to the beer tent:):)

Peter

As I have been on this forum nearly 6 years only pleased to share info I have gleaned (and can remmeber :blush: ), over the years.

Safe to say you are certainly a SE member and we have our moments, and only yesterday for example:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=50253

and

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=46773&start=75

another meet location:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48304&hilit=grasshopper&start=75

So just keep your eyes peeled for the next and if you are around Epsom way you can stand me that drink :yahoo:

P1133 A/F Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction

Oxygen sensor bank one sensor one slow response or at limit. This code is for the front 02 sensor on the side of engine that has the number one cylinder. May be caused by vaccuum leak or bad sensor.

P1134 - O2 sensor heater circuit intermittent (bank 1, sensor 2)

bank 1 = driver side exhaust

sensor 2 = down stream sensor, after the catalytic converter.

The Heated O2 sensor cold have a burt, or broken wire.

Hi Colin

Peter

As I have been on this forum nearly 6 years only pleased to share info I have gleaned (and can remmeber :blush: ), over the years.

Safe to say you are certainly a SE member and we have our moments, and only yesterday for example:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=50253

and

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=46773&start=75

another meet location:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48304&hilit=grasshopper&start=75

So just keep your eyes peeled for the next and if you are around Epsom way you can stand me that drink :yahoo:

Born and bred in Dorking, Now living Morden. So no doubt we tread the same tarmac:)

• 2 weeks later...

Can any of you techno geniouses out there tell me this. If my Z has quite a prominant missfire. Would a cracked Cat cause this or did the missfire cause the cracked cat?

Out of the 90 days I have had the Zed 75 of them the car has been off the road.

And trying to find a 2009 one owner that has not been an ex lease or hire car is as rare as hens teeth!

rehards

Peter

Can any of you techno geniouses out there tell me this. If my Z has quite a prominant missfire. Would a cracked Cat cause this or did the missfire cause the cracked cat?

Out of the 90 days I have had the Zed 75 of them the car has been off the road.

And trying to find a 2009 one owner that has not been an ex lease or hire car is as rare as hens teeth!

rehards

Peter

a missfire shouldn't cause a crack in the CAT, i would say the crack might have been from a bad knock or a big stone hitting it. its possible, but unlikely that it has over heated and the heat cycle has made the car crack. but none would be linked to the missfire.

as for the missfire i suppose it could be cause by the missfire, if the crack is before the o2 sensors i might be seen as a leak or change on the system and might retard the engine, but again that would suprise me if it did.

i'd generally put a missfire down to dodgy plugs, or oil in the cylinder or some kind of VAC leak. if they change the cat and the problem goes then you've found the answer. and roberts your mothers brother!

• 1 month later...

Well I have to say when I got the car back it purred. No Missfire absolutely fantastic:):)

Umm well for about 2 weeks then thje missfire came back. You can see the revcounter dipping everytime the engine pitches.

Not bothered as I am picking up the exchange one next week and I took it for a good test drive.

Same year 2009 but 11.000 on the clock instead of 27000. Plus it is not a ex lease.

I did find that the last 2 occasions the dealership had my car it came back with a total of 7 small dents and a scratch.

And someone had closed the bonnet whilst a nut or tool was on the cross strutt. It has a pin dent facing upwards enough to have spider cracked the paint.

This happens every single time and this is the 3rd branch of the dealership I have used.

Anyway I was looking at parkers guide and write up on the 370 and this is a quick sentance from their comments:

Nissan servicing is good value, although the dealers don't have as good a reputation for customer satisfaction as other Japanese manufacturers.

I wonder why this is?

thenoname

Well I have to say when I got the car back it purred. No Missfire absolutely fantastic:):)

Umm well for about 2 weeks then thje missfire came back. You can see the revcounter dipping everytime the engine pitches.

Not bothered as I am picking up the exchange one next week and I took it for a good test drive.

Same year 2009 but 11.000 on the clock instead of 27000. Plus it is not a ex lease.

I did find that the last 2 occasions the dealership had my car it came back with a total of 7 small dents and a scratch.

And someone had closed the bonnet whilst a nut or tool was on the cross strutt. It has a pin dent facing upwards enough to have spider cracked the paint.

This happens every single time and this is the 3rd branch of the dealership I have used.

Anyway I was looking at parkers guide and write up on the 370 and this is a quick sentance from their comments:

Nissan servicing is good value, although the dealers don't have as good a reputation for customer satisfaction as other Japanese manufacturers.

I wonder why this is?

thenoname

Congrats on the new car, I hope you have more luck with it! :)

On the Dealership front, its shocking that your car comes out dented and scratched, name and shame! viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6668

It's a bit difficult when your still dealing with them and they own most of the Nissan dealerships to the West of London down to the Bridge at Walton-Upon Thames. Ha ha I will have a read as I think they have already been mentioned.

Thenoname