Help with paypal/ebay!

kevlo

hi guys and girls hope you can help.

I am fabricating a piece of furniture for a customer who lives in scarborough. He wants me to produce a sideboard that is a complete one off and deliver it to him in scarborough. I have quoted him £950 for the product and £100 delivery (cost of fuel and van hire).

We have agreed that I will deliver in person and install it for him (has lights in etc).

So that I am not out of pocket in case he changes his mind we have agreed that he will pay £450 upfront. He wants to send it via paypal so he is covered if i do a runner.

What I am concerned about is that if I deliver in person and collect the rest of the cash, after i have left he could raise a paypal dispute stating he never received it. As a result I would not have proof of delivery i.e a ups tracking number for example so i imagine paypal would force a refund despite him having the product.

This isnt just me being paranoid. I have sent a small item through collectplus parcel service and they diddnt offer a signature on delivery at the time. Because I could only provide a tracking number not an actual proof of delivery they forced me to refund the money. So i genuinely sent the item but was still forced to be left out of pocket.

any advice?

Take a camera and take lots of pics of the house,taking into the house and installed in situ.

If he did raise a dispute to get the money back, it's fraud. The police don't like fraud so report it to them straight away.

well as a business selling something to a customer you would write them an invoice/receipt which you and them would sign. this is your evidence the item has been dleivered and the customer has accepted delivery. you would also have the van rental receipt to say you rented one on that day, fill the van up there and you will have a fuel bill with your card details on it down the road from his house on the time and day, again more evidence.

A paypal dispute can only be resolved if you both agree or paypal gets involved and taking the evidence rules in one way or the other. If he raises the dispute it doesnt mean you automatically lose the money.

Print out a receipt and a "customer received/satisfied form" Give him the receipt and he signs the form for your records.

That's what we do for deliveries and/or works carried out.

hi guys and girls hope you can help.

I am fabricating a piece of furniture for a customer who lives in scarborough. He wants me to produce a sideboard that is a complete one off and deliver it to him in scarborough. I have quoted him £950 for the product and £100 delivery (cost of fuel and van hire).

We have agreed that I will deliver in person and install it for him (has lights in etc).

So that I am not out of pocket in case he changes his mind we have agreed that he will pay £450 upfront. He wants to send it via paypal so he is covered if i do a runner.

What I am concerned about is that if I deliver in person and collect the rest of the cash, after i have left he could raise a paypal dispute stating he never received it. As a result I would not have proof of delivery i.e a ups tracking number for example so i imagine paypal would force a refund despite him having the product.

This isnt just me being paranoid. I have sent a small item through collectplus parcel service and they diddnt offer a signature on delivery at the time. Because I could only provide a tracking number not an actual proof of delivery they forced me to refund the money. So i genuinely sent the item but was still forced to be left out of pocket.

any advice?

Phone paypal themselves, explain the situation and what evidence they would accept from you if this was to happen......write it all down and get names of who you spoke to etc.

All good advice especially signed satisfaction note.

If you wanted to be absolutely sure of not being stiffed,use the £450 as a deposit, refund this on the day and once he is fully satisfied then take the full amount in cash off him at the same time, that way you are both covered.