Japspeed K1 advice PLEASE!!!

Stu350z

Hi Guys, Having a bit of a nightmare here so I'm looking for some friendly advice. Tried to get my new Japspeed K1 exhaust fitted on friday at a highly reputable custom exhaust supplier and the centre sections going to need some major modifications to fit as its currently fouling on the brace and the diff! This is going to cost me £140+VAT!

It says this on there website............

Any goods found to be faulty within 12 months of purchase will be repaired and where this is not possible, replaced. Please be aware that Japspeed will not be held responsible for any labour costs incurred for replacement of parts found to be faulty.

Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm Remittance Terms Goods will only be released after full payment funds have been cleared or authorised.

..............which makes me think that whey know it'll need to be cut and rewelded to fit!

Any sugestions before I email Japspeed to see what they say?

yep i reckon thats what will happen. To be honest i wouldnt recommend the k1 stu, you will hate it big time. The car runs shite with it(well mines did) and every part of the interior was vibrating ridiculously. I think you should try and exchange and get something more subtle. When i say loud it really is LOUD :lol: Mines was 110db inside the cabin on idle :scare:

I am pretty sure Japspeed will tell you to contact the supplier unless you got it from them directly.

I DID get it from them directly!

yep i reckon thats what will happen. To be honest i wouldnt recommend the k1 stu, you will hate it big time. The car runs shite with it(well mines did) and every part of the interior was vibrating ridiculously. I think you should try and exchange and get something more subtle. When i say loud it really is LOUD :lol: Mines was 110db inside the cabin on idle :scare:

Looking like I'm only gonna be keeping the Zed for another 6 months or so till I'll need a 5dr!

:dummy: on the way!

So I'm not really bothered how loud it is caus its gonna be about 20yrs before I can get another fun car so I just wanna enjoy it while I still can!

I am pretty sure Japspeed will tell you to contact the supplier unless you got it from them directly.

Looking like I'm only gonna be keeping the Zed for another 6 months or so till I'll need a 5dr!

So I'm not really bothered how loud it is caus its gonna be about 20yrs before I can get another fun car so I just wanna enjoy it while I still can!

i dont think you'll enjoy it mate tbh, i was embarassed of mines.

Congrats! :clap:

Congrats! :clap:

+1 :thumbs: I missed that part due to the fear that you're gonna still get a replacement and fit it ;)

Cheers for the various congrats lads! :thumbs:

Obviously I'm well chuffed :yahoo::cloud9::teeth::#1::thumbs::clap:

I always said it's the only reason I'd ever get rid of the Zed. Just need to decide on a 5dr now :headhurt: Maybe an EVO or a Scooby? Both great cars but FUGLY!

Anyway the K1 went back to Japspeed yesterday. Not worth paying to make it fit for 6 months. So I'll be driving the Zed like I stole it for the next few months then trading it in for a sensible diesel :lol:

Once again thanks for the Congrats! I'm happier than a happy chap! :teeth:

Congratulations!!!!

With regards to the K1, NeilP is right.... they are mega loud. Im sure my hearing has got worse now cos ive got mine on. With regards to them catching on the cross brace... from what ive read they all do that. You can fit some spacers in to drop the brace, or "adjust" the mid pipe with a hammer / bend it to allow clearance.

Id probably opt for a scorpian next time around as they have good reviews.

Congratulations!!!!

With regards to the K1, NeilP is right.... they are mega loud. Im sure my hearing has got worse now cos ive got mine on. With regards to them catching on the cross brace... from what ive read they all do that. You can fit some spacers in to drop the brace, or "adjust" the mid pipe with a hammer / bend it to allow clearance.

Id probably opt for a scorpian next time around as they have good reviews.

Thays exactly what japspeed did with mine bud, couple of spacers and job done :thumbs: