Engine light

ChristopherJames

Hi guys,

I have engine light and traction control light on my car!

I got in the car after finishing work.

Started it up and it seemed to turn over for a bit longer before firing up this time, then when it fired up the engine light has come on and the traction light. The car got me home ok so turned it off and on again to see if that would help and again the same thing.

No idea what's going on or what is wrong!

Any help would be appreciated as I'm freaking out about what could be up and how much it might cost.

Oh god dont mention engine warning lights, the car im part/ex for a Zed has got the ABS light on and took it to the local garage and looking at a £1727 bill to get it fixed :-(

Fingers and toes crossed for you it is something minor!!

The car is still under the three month warrenty for engine and gearbox problems that the dealer I bought the car from provided, so hopefully if there is a problem it will be covered by this.

Hopefuly going to get the ecu read tonight. When I know any more I will keep you updated.

If the figure comes anywhere near £1727 I think the car will have to go!

That sounds like something fun for me to be doing this evening!

Lets hope I can count....

Thanks for the info.

its a good idea to film the flashes with a your phone camera. Also timings in the squence are very critical so stopwatch is helpful

Cheers for the link and the translation of 10 = 0 lol, Im sure I would of been sat here for ages scratching my head.

Well according to the codes mine leads me to believes its a

P0340 CMP (Cam Shaft Position) Sensor (Phase)

No idea what this is or what sort of damage in terms of ma car and wallet that this is going to cost me.

Any ideas?

Cheers for the link and the translation of 10 = 0 lol, Im sure I would of been sat here for ages scratching my head.

No idea what this is or what sort of damage in terms of ma car and wallet that this is going to cost me.

Any ideas?

These seem to be a common'ish problem over on the US forum. I would check the connections to them first. I think there is one on each end of the cam shafts. At the front of the engine at the top of each 'V' there is a black cylindrical item with a green electrical connector on it. I'm pretty sure thats them. Unclip the connector and make sure its clean and in good condition etc....

Plug 'em back in, reset your CEL and see how you go.

There maybe one at the rear to? Not sure.

I'm sure someone who knows for sure will be along soon.....

.....and if you need a new one ....PM Zmanalex

Any ideas?

pm zmanalex

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43715&hilit=Shaft+sensor

Thanks for all the help guys.

I have rang the chap I bought the car from as it is still within the 3month warrenty so he is just talking to his mechanic and

I should know later today If he will be sorting that out or not.

I will keep you updated and bug you with more questions if I have any.

Cheers,

Chris.

Any ideas?

These seem to be a common'ish problem over on the US forum. I would check the connections to them first. I think there is one on each end of the cam shafts. At the front of the engine at the top of each 'V' there is a black cylindrical item with a green electrical connector on it. I'm pretty sure thats them. Unclip the connector and make sure its clean and in good condition etc....

Plug 'em back in, reset your CEL and see how you go.

There maybe one at the rear to? Not sure.

I'm sure someone who knows for sure will be along soon.....

.....and if you need a new one ....PM Zmanalex

Just to clerify, solenoids are at the front and the cam sensors are at the rear :thumbs:

Plenty of both in stock if push comes to shove.

Alex. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...