03-06 BHP?

HassanZ

its the same reason some people say say the latest version is a 313 bhp its not its 309 bhp, and 313 ps

Don't you mean: its the same reason some people say say [sic] the latest version is a 313 bhp its not, that's just a figure pulled out of the air for marketing purposes? :p

What springs to mind is the C63 AMG with the 6.3 badge on the wing. But the actual engine size is a 6.2 litre :wacko:

But when you're talking about a power plant as big as a house, 0.1 litre won't make much of a difference...

its the difference between PS and BHP

Sorry no, 276bhp = 280PS. Again the engine was listed as 287bhp in the US.

276bhp = 280PS (03-06)

296bhp = 300PS (06-07 + GT4)

309bhp = 313PS (07-09)

276bhp = 280PS (03-06)

296bhp = 300PS (06-07 + GT4)

309bhp = 313PS (07-09)

Spot on :thumbs:

Though it’s still commonly used by carmakers, PS or Pferdestärke (horse strength in German) was actually replaced by kW as the EEC‘s ‘legal’ measurement of engine power in 1992.

One PS is about 98.6% of a single brake horsepower – the two are virtually interchangeable, and PS is sometimes referred to as 'metric horsepower'

Some manufacturers quote the power of their engines in kilowatts – especially on the Continent – but this measurement is used far less frequently than PS or bhp. A kilowatt (kW) of power equates to around 1.34bhp

to be honest i've never heard anyone refer to it as 287 bhp for the early cars, i think thats just wishful thinking, most of them aren't even 276bhp as a lot have foudn when they went and dyno'd their car, some had lots of mods and still weren't close.

My insurance states my 2004 uk car as 287bhp.

Filled in the number plate part of the quote and thats what came up,I tried altering the car spec but it was always 287.

I had obviously only just got the car and as i wasnt sure about power i left it at that.

Filled in the number plate part of the quote and thats what came up,I tried altering the car spec but it was always 287.

I had obviously only just got the car and as i wasnt sure about power i left it at that.

Insurance companies often get it wrong, I remember some posts about the 370Z which some companies think is a 3.8 (or is that 3.9)

Pete

So it's not just me who came across the car being listed as a 287bhp model. Weird hey... :wacko: