Toyo's getting fitted tomorrow...

stevie_350z

tell the fitters to be careful with the nut runners, or else you'll end up with scratched wheels round the lug tunnels, also watch when they take the wheels off so they dont chip your Brembo calipers :headhurt:

In fact I'd take the wheels of myself if they let you and just carefully pass them to be fitted

-Make sure same wheel goes back on same side as each wheel is has a locating nut for each particular side.

-So make sure they put correct tyre on correct wheel as tyres are dircetional.

-Dont forget to take your locking wheel nut & bring it back.

-Check to see they have'nt damaged your alloys before paying them.

-Dont rip it straightaway as new tyres have a slightly slippery coating of oily stuff when new.

-After that do a great big tyre smoking wheel spin out of the garage just for good measure & burn that expensive new rubber :scare::scare:

Thanks for all the tips - the boys did a great job, and they were well interested in the car... couldn't resist a wheel spin down the road when I left to much clapping of hands ahahahhahaHHHAAHHA!
:yahoo: Good man, i always do that when i get new tyres fitted, my guys love it too

I've just been for a spin (well, not really thanks to the Toyos) and can confirm these are the nuts. The car is quieter at low speeds and feels great!

Thanks to everyone on this site for (1) recommending Toyos, (2) having someone as helpful as Andy supply them, and (3) giving me tips on getting them fitted.

As my American colleagues would scream with a high five to match: YOU GUYS ROCK! :yahoo:

Don't know what I'd do without this site :group:

Stop it, i'm gonna cry in a minute!! Feel the love!!!!!

:thumbs:

Yeah - it would bring tears to a glass eye!

It's great information for all of us though. :thumbs:

I just hope somebody else with a JDM on 17" wheels could confirm that these Toyos are the dog's danglies for them as well. :D

And before anybody suggests it - no, I can't afford to upgrade to 19" wheels. :dry:

Cheers all

Jim

-Make sure same wheel goes back on same side as each wheel is has a locating nut for each particular side.

Waddayameanbythat?

Whoever changed the tyres last on my car put the wider back rubber on the front alloy. At first not a problem as front alloy is 8inch width like back but there is a locating nut on each wheel so that the correct alloy goes back on the correct side. So they put the wheel back on the wrong side minus the locating nut (as it wouldnt line up) which I have now bought ready for the next tyre change. Though this doesnt make bugg%r all diff to the wheels or car!!

After the balancing, they removed the old weights and I have an unseemly mark where they were... won't have time to clean the wheels properly until mid-Dec - wondering if anyone else has had this, and was it easy to remove... looks like glue residue... and I'm hoping that's not corrosion under there!!! :(

Couldn't believe the muck behind the alloy when they took the wheel off.. from now on I'll be taking the wheels off to clean them properly!

Excuse my ignorance here, but if I take a wheel off and put the bugger back on is there any need to get the wheels aligned again or will they be ok... ?

EDIT: I have such a low regard for my own ability with mechanical things that I'm convinced I'll f*ck it up somehow... :dry:

will you get 4 tyres in a Zed??

Yes you can get 4 standard size tyres in a Zed - just ( and those of you who keep your cars concours condition might not want to risk it as you need to be careful not to mark the inside of the car)

IIRC the configuration I did was....

One rear tyre horizontally in the boot, one front tyre vertically in the gap between the seats and the cross brace ( removing the passenger headrest and then moving it forward as far as possible ) and 2 vertically on the passenger ( obviously... ) front seat ( so you can see the passenger window through the hole in the middle when looking from the drivers seat). You can hold these last 2 in place a bit with the seat belt but they are a bit moveable still.

Visibility is severely restricted so be very careful.