Toyo's getting fitted tomorrow...

stevie_350z

Couldn't believe the muck behind the alloy when they took the wheel off.. from now on I'll be taking the wheels off to clean them properly!

Excuse my ignorance here, but if I take a wheel off and put the bugger back on is there any need to get the wheels aligned again or will they be ok... ?

EDIT: I have such a low regard for my own ability with mechanical things that I'm convinced I'll f*ck it up somehow... :dry:

Should be fine Stevie, the alignment is not touched when taking a wheel off and the wheels should be balanced. :)

As for cleaning then, you should be able to get your hand through the spokes to clean the insides of them, and just shift the car a half roll for the caliper bit. Wheels off for the arches........!! :D;)

Where has everyone had their Toyo's fitted? I've been turned away from my local tyre monkeys as I didn't buy from them. I've saved some money but now I've got the hassle of finding someone I can trust to fit them. F@cking marvellous! :rant:

Where has everyone had their Toyo's fitted? I've been turned away from my local tyre monkeys as I didn't buy from them. I've saved some money but now I've got the hassle of finding someone I can trust to fit them. F@cking marvellous! :rant:

I used ATS which also gives AA discount of 10%. Ther have a machine that can cope with wide wheels and doesn't need the use of a bar ruuning along the rim of the wheel to [rize the tyre off

I used ATS which also gives AA discount of 10%. Ther have a machine that can cope with wide wheels and doesn't need the use of a bar ruuning along the rim of the wheel to [rize the tyre off

ATS turned me away........ :dry:

I decided to get MPS's fitted at ATS on Friday, onto my, newly replaced, under warranty Rays and they scratched the rim on one and used what looks like a screwdriver to gouge the stick on weights off of the other. Only noticed when I cleaned the car on Saturday and got all the white gunk off. :rant:

I've got to give them a call on Tuesday and they are going to get them repaired.

I asked the fitter to be careful, what a waste of time that was.

I asked if it's possible to change a tyre without scratching the wheels and ATS said it should be if your careful - I guess that's why they are repairing them.

A word of caution, take some stuff with you to the garage to clean them there and check the state of the wheels, maybe agree condition beforehand?