BERK HFC Group Buy Round 2

rawbhp

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm actually really mad :angry:

ok maybe i'm not i just figured i'd try get a ruler or a bottle opener or something else out of you as well.

cheers for the update, i'm away next week anyway so it'll be something nice to come back to.

good times.

Good News guys :#1:

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

2011-06-08 15:14:00 Irvine - United States Of America Shipment picked up

2011-06-08 17:16:46 Irvine - United States Of America Weight and Dimension

2011-06-08 18:08:38 Irvine - United States Of America Processed at Irvine - United States Of America

2011-06-08 18:09:05 Irvine - United States Of America Departed Facility in Irvine - United States Of America

2011-06-08 18:17:54 Irvine - United States Of America Image Available

2011-06-08 18:48:34 Los Angeles Gateway - United States Of America Arrived at Sort Facility Los Angeles Gateway - United States Of America

2011-06-08 20:29:12 Los Angeles Gateway - United States Of America Processed at Los Angeles Gateway - United States Of America

2011-06-08 20:30:16 Los Angeles Gateway - United States Of America Departed Facility in Los Angeles Gateway - United States Of America

2011-06-09 03:37:00 Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America Arrived at Sort Facility Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America

2011-06-09 04:53:59 Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America Processed at Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America

2011-06-09 06:07:49 Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America Departed Facility in Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America

2011-06-09 19:55:47 East Midlands - United Kingdom Arrived at Sort Facility East Midlands - United Kingdom

2011-06-09 23:41:18 East Midlands - United Kingdom Processed at East Midlands - United Kingdom

2011-06-10 00:51:28 East Midlands - United Kingdom Departed Facility in East Midlands - United Kingdom

2011-06-10 05:48:15 East Midlands - United Kingdom Arrived at Delivery Facility in East Midlands - United Kingdom

2011-06-10 08:25:00 East Midlands - United Kingdom With delivery courier

They are currently In Derby

I will definately be able to post out Monday :#1:

Phew

Hi, look what I've just received for being a good boy :D

v3hnr6.jpg

You might guess what one box is but whats in the bigger box?

24nk2tc.jpg

Well it looks like its a trip over to RS at Leeds for an adjustment remap now.

A big thankyou to tarmac for the stillen pipe, excellent service even though I'm broke now till next month, :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got round to getting my cats and stillen y pipe fitted.

First of all many thanks to Tarmac for his fortitude when it got rough getting them from the states, well done and I am sure like others we do appreciate what you do for us :thumbs: .

So I took the ride over to RS at Leeds and had the berks and stillen fitted by "specky", boy do these guys kow what they are doing, even met a lad who came down from Scotland because like me he believes these are probably the best car engineers in the north (a bit like Carling). During the fit I was able to go under the ramps and helped with bits and bobs and also he answered all my inane queries about who what and where was everything. The job was done within 45mins, yes you were right Tarmac this combination went on like a dream, straightening up the exhaust first time into it correct position, didn't even have to cut off any bolts or nuts.

Paul the owner of RS took over next and undertook the remap using up-rev, as I had the licence from them it took under an hour and the cost was vastly below the original price,just the charge for dyno time per hour. I never expected any huge power increase and this was more about tailoring the new exhaust with the rest on the engine to get its best. However it took my 04 350z from 292 (previous remap) up to 300BHP and I was more than happy about this. On trial around the estate the sound does change from a stock scorpion to a pitch slightly higher and a unusual rasp sound that fits perfectly well with the car. My boy who has a BMW series 5 M3 had a run around with mine and came back saying how much better the torque was and given the choice he would go for the Z, there you go.

A big thumbs up for Paul and Specky at RS leeds lots of free advice and good day spent with them. Costs were £100 uprev and £50 for the exhaust well worth the money.

For those who want to know whats fitted to my car, and I know some out there are interested, a quite normal one, JWT popcharger, plenum spacer 5/16th, Scorpion box and middle pipe, Stillen Y pipe and Berks Hi-Flo cats, all combined with the Up-Rev re-map.

So just to finish, well worth the mods and yep driving around the last few day with a stupid grin probably looks out of place on a 59 year old :teeth:

Pictures and graphs below. Cheers.

Before

2hf1f6x.jpg

After

b80aau.jpg

Graphs

2mpam95.jpg

2u5ba83.jpg

Great write up Jeff... :thumbs:

I've definately heard good things about RS, it's a shame they aren't more active on here

There certainly are the "beez kneez" up here and of course the only garage north of Watford that can do a proper 350z uprev. The lad from Edinburgh, who came down in the morning and went back home at tea time was being allowed to do some work on his engine they were rebuilding using their garage space. Very friendly lot indeed.