Got one!

Got it!

I bought Ian's that was for sale. Drives great, but there was one thing wrong - the left speakers aren't working off the aftermarket HU! I've had a look and for some reason, the left speaker wire after the PAC unit thingamy was cut?!?! Fixed now.

Coming from a tuned 200sx, these are my thoughts -:

The car isn't as fast, which I expected, but the linear thrust is more controllable. It can still wipe you out of not careful. It is also accelarative at motorway speeds. I think the first 3 gears could be livlier, hope an Uprev and supporting mods can do that. I'd say it's about 2 seconds slower to 100.

The chassis is better that the S14a, in that it is stiffer, though the balance is surprisingly similar. There is a little more inertia in the Zed. The standard dampers are better controlled too, though my sx was on coilovers for the last 3 years.

Brakes seem to be excellent, one of the sx's weak points, really impressive.

From all the reviews, I was expecting a heavy beast, but overall, the controls aren't weighted much different to the sx, but it all feels tighter. Pretty tame really, the torque of the sx when on boost was impressive, but not too easy to modulate, which means the sx is a wilder animal to drive!

So far so good though. It is certainly fast enough, it's comfortable and looks great. Happy so far. I think I'll be changing the stereo, which is voluminous, but lacks sound quality. I've got few decent 4 channel amps kicking about, but I doubt it will be a straight swap for the Bose stuff. I'll leave it a while first, power comes first!

Thanks for your warm welcome!