Reclusive ESP button

Wriggler

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section as this is a problem with the interior rather than a mod, here goes.

My ESP button on my new car seems to have a sort of crippling shyness and has come out of it's usual place, I have tried teasing it back into place and even offered it a backrub complete with scented candles and slow jazz, but alas... no joy, not even the charms of the late Barry White can coax it out.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it back where it should be, I realise it will probably be a dash/panel off job and if so could someone tell me how to remove them?

P5050225.jpg

Just remove the panel. Its only a couple of screws & it unclips :thumbs:

Which screws and clips do I need to undo, I can find screws either side of the OBDII port and one by the foot vent but apart from those 3 I'm stuck and me + guessing how to remove a panel = very happy breaker after I wreck the dash.

Just remove the panel. Its only a couple of screws & it unclips :thumbs:

Which screws and clips do I need to undo, I can find screws either side of the OBDII port and one by the foot vent but apart from those 3 I'm stuck and me + guessing how to remove a panel = very happy breaker after I wreck the dash.

From memory its just those 3 screws & theres 1 just to the right of the ODB port that you will see once the side panel is off. You do need to be quite rough with it to get it out though

• 1 year later...

Fairly common issue - mostly with the fuel release.

Normally fixed by getting your hand behind the culprit and pushing it back - tricky but can be done without taking that bit of the dash apart.

+1

I have huge hands but I can still manage to get a finger or 2 into the tightest of gaps ;)

Edited by spursmaddave