Milltek Cat Back Exhaust System

Exotic

Hi guys I am getting the Milltek exhaust system installed on Saturday by AMD, this includes the Y piece and centre piece. I love the meteor tips and think performance wise they are pretty good with a decent 3" pipe bore throughout. I'll be getting a remap a few weeks later, so I was just thinking will a HFC like the Berk be worth bolting on (performce/sound wise) before the uprev remap?

Hi guys I am getting the Milltek exhaust system installed on Saturday by AMD, this includes the Y piece and centre piece. I love the meteor tips and think performance wise they are pretty good with a decent 3" pipe bore throughout. I'll be getting a remap a few weeks later, so I was just thinking will a HFC like the Berk be worth bolting on (performce/sound wise) before the uprev remap?

definately :thumbs: miltek is very very quiet without

Spursmadave has HFCs along with the Milltek system. He has a vid comparing Milltek with and without :thumbs:

Really depends on what you're aiming for...my advice would be to live with it alone for a while - it comes to life once you hit 4k+ RPM ;) Its definately louder than stock but nothing like some of the 'chavvier' sounding systems :)

Spursmadave has HFCs along with the Milltek system. He has a vid comparing Milltek with and without :thumbs:

Really depends on what you're aiming for...my advice would be to live with it alone for a while - it comes to life once you hit 4k+ RPM ;) Its definately louder than stock but nothing like some of the 'chavvier' sounding systems :)

It's for the oldies who are protective their hearing :p;):lol:

Or people with taste :p

Thanks Nelip I want the same loudness as OEM but with a more sporty tone, spent too much on ICE to have it droned out :lol: Are the berks relatively easy to install? Power is the main goal.

If you want the same loudness as OEM but with sportier tone then you'll achieve this with Milltek without HFCs :thumbs: It is comparable in tone to the Nismo

That's just what I'm after mate, been torn between different exhausts for awhile now! I just don't wanna do a remap and decide later I should have gone HFCs also! Cheers for the advice :thumbs:

Miltek has a very sweet tone to it! Similar to oem but definately a tuned sound. Viks sounds fab when getting booted.

Hfc's and changing the exhaust is a nightmare if they've not been off in years. I'd defo recommend getting it up on ramps.

Thanks Nelip I want the same loudness as OEM but with a more sporty tone, spent too much on ICE to have it droned out :lol: Are the berks relatively easy to install? Power is the main goal.

If you want the same loudness as OEM but with sportier tone then you'll achieve this with Milltek without HFCs :thumbs: It is comparable in tone to the Nismo

+1 to that, it's a nice quality sound that comes alive when you need it but is nice and subtle in the background when cursing on the motorway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas for all your input, found a lot of useful info looking around on here. So over the bank holiday weekend I finally got the exhaust fitted. The AMD staff were very helpful and it was done pretty quickly (just under an hour and a half), I am well impressed with this exhaust which has a lovely low and deep tone when you first switch the ignition key :yahoo: . I found the exhaust to be louder than stock which I didn't mind at all given it's a nice noise, especially above 4k. :thumbs: Here are a few quick piccies:

50396967.jpg

81169232.jpg

The sound and performance is noticably better than stock so next on the list will be the Berk HFCs, even the AMD team agreed this would free up the flow more and get the most from the exhaust legally, so that will be my next plan early next month!

Welcome to the Milltek posse :#1:

Aye another quality milltek joins the club :#1:

Big thanks guys, am proud to be part of the crew! :band: I never used to notice the OEM exhaust too much before when looking at the rear of the car (probably also because they were sooty as hell) but now it sticks out quite nicely:D I'm sure they'll be new followers sometime, I think the exhaust is worth the dosh and I was put off with rusting issues with cheaper exhausts etc

Also just a few other questions:

1. How much can I expect to get for selling my OEM cat back exhaust (with Y and mid Pipe). Am I gonna struggle to sell it on here or eBay?

2. How often do you need to clean Stainless steel exhausts usually to keep it gleaming? I'm thinking (or hoping) just a couple of times a year?

Cheerio

1. How much can I expect to get for selling my OEM cat back exhaust (with Y and mid Pipe). Am I gonna struggle to sell it on here or eBay?

2. How often do you need to clean Stainless steel exhausts usually to keep it gleaming? I'm thinking (or hoping) just a couple of times a year?

Cheerio[/color]

Welcome to the Miltek Clan :#1:

I would keep you old one if you have the space...... if you ever sell the car you will get more for the miltek :thumbs:

I clean the tips with Autosol when I clean the car, only takes 5 minutes. If you do a bumper tuck then you will need to do the back box as well.

Cheerio[/color]

Welcome to the Miltek Clan :#1:

I would keep you old one if you have the space...... if you ever sell the car you will get more for the miltek :thumbs:

I clean the tips with Autosol when I clean the car, only takes 5 minutes. If you do a bumper tuck then you will need to do the back box as well.

Thanks DoggyRev, I'm enjoying the zorst! I guess it might be an idea to keep hold of the stock one but been asked by a member maybe to sell, so may be tempted to sell depending on the value. I'll be getting some Autosol soon!

Cheers

Dean

+1

+1

can i please ask the average age of the miltek club? :lol:

can i please ask the average age of the miltek club? :lol:

Well obviously Graham, Dave and Will are really old :wheelchair: , dont know about Vik :shrug: , but I am only 36 :yahoo:

I guess Neil, if your only 15yrs old then I may seem fairly old as well :lol:

Hey I might well be the old man of the Milltek Posse but my Zorst sure ain't quiet :p

As for keeping it clean I used to use Autosol but when it ran out I got some Megs metal cleaner and I find it fantastic, 5 minutes work every other week or so and it is shiny like in my sig B)

I guess I'm the baby of the bunch :teeth:

Don't know where this stereotype of all the old men came from lol.

+1 on the autosol

lol what age are you?

i think i should start a thread for all the exhaust types to see what the average age is lol. That will allow people to see whats generally favoured by each age group.

The oldie thing was started because i was winding vik up about how the sound from the miltek is favoured due to it being quite quiet and the oldies like it as theyre trying to protect whats left of their hearing :lol: