South Africa Road Trip

glrnet

Finally got a day to chill out a bit after driving nearly 2k km so far, some of you will know we are on honeymoon and we thought we'd put a few pictures up to share with you guys, hope you like them :)

Day 1, Cape town, what a place, we'd only been in town a few hours after landing at 0800 and were told "if you can see the top of Table Mountain then now is the time to get up there" apparently the wind and the cloud can shut the cable car at short notice :wacko:

Day 2

Cape Town again today and down to the waterfront, plenty of bars and restaurants, the down side was there were plenty of shops too :lol: The building in the distance is The Cape Grace Hotel, whisky lovers must visit the Bascule Bar, the hugest selction of Malt Whisky I've ever seen in one place, don't sell anything else, only whisky, thought I died and gone to heaven but was just a little bit addled ;)

Day 3

Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated for so many years, a really moving experience especially as our guide "Sparks" was an ex inmate!!! The picture of his garden shows the grapevine in the corner that he used to hide the manuscript for his book behind every night :yahoo:

We have travelled on so many roads that are virtually :drive1 deserted and would suit the Zed down to a tee, here's one, more to follow

Day 4

The views just keep getting better and better, this is in Stellenbosch in the wine country :thumbs::thumbs: The road speaks for itself :cloud9:

We visited a reserve where Cheetahs are hand reared, there are only 500 or so of them left in the wild, some are released back into the wild, this is Chobie a 2 year old male :clap::clap:

Day 5

At Swellendam we arrived at the hotel and they upgraded us to a detached bungalow!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: After a fabulous night there we set out for Knysna and just to prove there is a car god in heaven even when you are on your honeymoon we found Sedgefield Classic Cars, my turn to self indulge B):D

Looks like you're having an amazing time, I'm very jealous. Table mountain is one place I'd love to go to, along with Cape Town!

Bet you're getting a nice tan too with that weather!

Enjoy!