Alfa Giulietta

Chris`I

Anyone got one or driven one?

Looking at chopping in our Ibiza for something with a bit more space and performance. Was looking at things like new Astra, Leon FR, etc and went over to see one of these today. Very impressed with the dealership and salesman, much better service than Vauxhall and SEAT (with dealership in the same group as Alfa).

We talked to the salesman for ages and had a really good look around, he took us outside to show us clean and dirty variants of the colours and took us through to the display room which faces the main road to show us one of them which is normally locked away, and also took us through to the workshop to show us various other colour and trim combos. Got a test drive booked in for Wednesday night, we get it after work and get to take it back in the morning. Bit more expensive than a SEAT, but seems to be better quality if not quite up to the performance. Looking at the 2.0JTDM.

Oh and be impressed, there was a dirty one and he said it sparkles in the sun, but he wouldnt rub off the dirt as it would scratch it! HURRAH, someone who understands no to swirl paint :teeth:

Woman at work has got a Mito and the paintwork is near pearl flip.......its black but as soon as the sunlight hit it it changes to a really dark purple.

Personally I think they look amazing - just a question of whether they have worked out any Alfa reliability issues.

Personally I think they look amazing - just a question of whether they have worked out any Alfa reliability issues.

All Fiat engines these days so no more issues on that side.

love the alfa stuff, but from what i've heard the guilletta is a bit of a let down, might be worth trying to get a 2nd hand brera.

See I've heard that this is the best Alfa for a long time going by the reviews. Will make my mind up when I drive it. Interior certainly seems up to scratch.

Get a Leon FR TDI :p

Interior is a little low rent but easily tarted up, but who cares when it drives and goes like a much more expensive car :boxing:

Alfa is a much nicer place to be though :thumbs:

The problem is the Leon FR is just as expensive as the Alfa! And going by my previus Leon FR and the missus Ibiza, they are great cars, but it takes all of 6 months before they rattle like mad. Which is fine when they are cheap, but not when they cost the same as an Alfa!! No good deals on atm with SEAT which is a shame as we would have probably got one already if they did. We thought we'd check out Alfa just to see what they are like because they arent any more expensive for what we are looking at.

Not really after anything that drives well, thats what the 370 is for, this is more a nice daily driver that we can take the bikes out with as I will be car sharing with the missus soon so only running one car really. Want something thats fun to drive, but also confortable and good space for biking crap.

Not really after anything that drives well, thats what the 370 is for, this is more a nice daily driver that we can take the bikes out with as I will be car sharing with the missus soon so only running one car really. Want something thats fun to drive, but also confortable and good space for biking crap.

Not after anything that drives well, but want something thats fun to drive :wacko:

My Leon has no more rattles than the Zed really, 40mpg average , just over 200bhp, not many diesels quicker and as much fun to drive in the price range. It has just passed 40k and the Audi engine is getting better with age too :thumbs:

I looked at Breras B)

Anyone got one or driven one?

Looking at chopping in our Ibiza for something with a bit more space and performance. Was looking at things like new Astra, Leon FR, etc and went over to see one of these today. Very impressed with the dealership and salesman, much better service than Vauxhall and SEAT (with dealership in the same group as Alfa).

We talked to the salesman for ages and had a really good look around, he took us outside to show us clean and dirty variants of the colours and took us through to the display room which faces the main road to show us one of them which is normally locked away, and also took us through to the workshop to show us various other colour and trim combos. Got a test drive booked in for Wednesday night, we get it after work and get to take it back in the morning. Bit more expensive than a SEAT, but seems to be better quality if not quite up to the performance. Looking at the 2.0JTDM.

Oh and be impressed, there was a dirty one and he said it sparkles in the sun, but he wouldnt rub off the dirt as it would scratch it! HURRAH, someone who understands no to swirl paint :teeth:

I've driven a few older Alfas as you may know, The Giulietta is a lovely looking car, and it's far, far better than the Brera which was a dead badger dynamically, even if it was sex on wheels!

The 1.9mulitjet i've got in the Punto is pretty warm, so i would imagine the latest Alfa version should shift pretty well, and the Guilletta comes with a LSD as standard. I get 45mpg on the twisty hell to work, and about 50 on the motorway.

Ps. I'm completly biased when it comes to Alfas, but one day i'll have my Alfa bike van:

alfa_romeo_159_ti_black_front_wagon_2007.jpg

Not after anything that drives well, but want something thats fun to drive :wacko:

My Leon has no more rattles than the Zed really, 40mpg average , just over 200bhp, not many diesels quicker and as much fun to drive in the price range. It has just passed 40k and the Audi engine is getting better with age too :thumbs:

I looked at Breras B)

You know what I mean :p Not after something amazing to drive, but something ok. My old Leon FR (old 1.8T) was a barge when it came to handling! Was quickish, but not in the leque of the Zed. Leons are a great car, but for the cost now, I think there might be better to be hand, hence why I asked. The Alfa looks a lot better, interior is better, so if the handling is beter, we have a winner ;)