Fuel Economy

cesc

This is not one of your usual MPG-complaint threads before people start :yawn: .

I've been driving my Zed for a week now (had it two months, not been able to drive), and I have to say, the fuel economy is excellent for what it is. I've come from an RX-8 which is part of the reason why I'm surprised, but the Zed seems very frugal in comparison. I don't do many miles, and usually only fill up £35-£40 every week, but for £40 in the Mazda I was getting 105 miles of mixed driving, and the Zed I got just over 200 although mostly motorway (a few leptons over NSL :evil:).

I'm very pleasantly surprised that a 3.5 V6 is getting me much better economy than a whiny little 1.3. Man, I love this car!

The only things the Mazda did better were practicality and xenons; the 350's headlights are truly shocking, but aside from that I'm really enjoying it. Having people staring at the car takes a little getting used to though!

Try adjusting the beam to point up a bit more. Lots of people find they are very low and once moved are significantly better. Saying that they still arent great compared to the 06+ lights.

And yes fuel economy is very good for what it is. The missus workmate has just got an RS6 and was trying to show off how good it was until we got to fuel. He gets 15MPG on a normal commute of mixed A-roads and motorway with a bit of stop start driving in Reading :scare: The 370 gets about 28MPG on the same type of roads and its not even broken in yet :yahoo:

Still got the RX8. Can't seem to shift it for love nor money. :rant: The tax ran out so it's off the road, and I transferred the insurance over to the Zed, so happy days.

I have aimed the headlights up a little bit, but they are definitely not as good as the RX-8s; the projector is just badly designed. Will look at upgrading to bi-xenons soon.

I've seen a couple of Zeds around but it's not a regular occurrence really. Mine is a bog standard GM 04 plate with Rays. The only mod I've done is the LED tail lights which certainly look the part.

i have an 05 zed so a assume the same lights as yours....

and if you think they are bad you should try driving a fiat coupe (my old car)

lights when dipped were truly terrible, and looking back and comparing to my Zed i am surprised they were even legal.

i would say they were not much more than half as bright as my better halfs 05 punto.

I asked about them in the garage and was told... .yep coupe standard lights are crap.

i never did get around to upgrading them however.

My Zed has the best night vision of any car i have been in...... but then it is the 1st car with xenons i have owned