Is my clutch dying - If so what next?

Keyser

Hi All,

OK 2nd weekend getting used to my Zed the clutch has always been high (apparently normal for a Zed??)

Anyway I used the loud pedal a bit more than I have been and have found that changing from 2nd to 3rd under power (lots of right foot uphill)

She hit the rev limiter as I came off the clutch :scare:

Came straight of the throttle went for the clutch and it wasnt all the way up :scare: No2

Tried the 3rd gear pull away and I can do it with no slip if I'm gentle but it slips with a lot of power (but I thought it probably would?)

Is it just stating to go - should I be looking at the slave cylinder (Levels are good) is it week springs?

Any and all help appreciated

Finally for those that know If I need a new clutch and I'm going to track her what's a good road/track choice? i.e. not so heavy it takes the pleasure out of town driving but will handle some track use.

Thanks

Sounds like two issues to me, both of which you've identified.

Slipping clutch at 3rd gear sounds like it's worn and needs replacing. Clutch pedal not coming up sounds like slave/master cylinder issues, to which I'd replace both at the same time. Tbh while you're changing the clutch over you might as well put a lightened flywheel in too, makes a world of difference in a good way. :)

I had something similar a few weeks back (clutch not returning) - it was the slave cylinder.

My car has now had three of these since new (07 plate - 28,000 miles). The original one, the one supposedly replaced under a recall notice - and the one I now have.

Thanks to everyone for all the help,

It appears that it is probably the slave cylinder that has issues so thats a no brainer to start.

In for a penny in for a pound :lol:

If I'm going to change the Clutch and flywheel as well shall I go lightened?

Seems the popular choice but whats it like for everyday use? (not that I use my Zed everyday) :lol:

Any recomendations before I bite the bullet and shell out some of my hard earned! :scare: