Remap + Other Stuff

Demolition49

Got my car back on the 1st of april from Abbey,

the drive home was wonderful, the car felt much more spirited and smoother to drive, felt the power gains definitely in the lower gears! Id like to thank scott for dealing with everything i requested so smoothly and mark for the remap and all the team at abbey for a great job done! :thumbs: Id highly reccommend them to anybody thinking of a remap :#1:

Overall im very pleased with the remap but im still a little confused on the dyno sheets and would like some break down or explanation if possible! Im not sure how great my gains were as i don't really have much to compare to and didn't get much of a chance to speak with mark, so im just wondering what he thinks? Also if possible could mark or scott send me a digital copy of the dyno sheets i forgot to ask when i was down :bangin:

The new brake setup not only looks great but feels it too, on the way home the pads got more and more bed in and felt better with every stop! B)

So before the remap i got mrev2 and plenum spacer fitted in addition to an HKS air filter, HKS iridium spark plugs, Performance friction discs front, DBA rear discs, Ferodo ds2500 all around the car, goodridge lines, rbf660 fluid, rear powergrid drop links and also an alignment done.

I think abbey may have even tightened up the handbrake for me aswell as it feels much better, infact the car feels much better after all the work done, doesn't feel like the same car! Even the handling feels better! maybe its from jumping back in after having the micra courtesy car which was a great little run around and surprisingly pleasant to drive although it may have been a little low on power :lol::yahoo:

Another question ive been meaning to ask is what engine oil should i have in the car now? Its only got the stock semi synthetic 10w 40 shell oil that nissan put in after a recent service! I really should have got an oil change while it in with you guys thinking about it :bangin:

So for now ive taken pictures of the dyno sheets but itd be great if abbey could upload some :thumbs::snack:

FLY WHEEL POWER & FLY WHEEL TORQUE

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4507212/350Z/Dyno/IMG_1047.JPG

AIR TO FUEL RATIO & TORQUE (before it was all over the place - so hopefully will see better mpg)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4507212/350Z/Dyno/IMG_1048.JPG

Good work.

Handbrake will be tighter now as you have to loosen it off to get the rear discs off - the handbrake is a drum brake formed inside the rear disk bell. So given they do things properly (unlike a lot of Nissan garages) - I would hope the handbrake works properly now ;)

Not supprised the car feels completely different, you've uprated a lot of the main points. Just wait til its all bedded in, will feel awesome :drive1

Great work Josh. :yahoo:

5W30 fully sync is what Nissan recommend for the VQ35DE.

The majority of Nissan garages keep 10W40 semi sync in there bulk tank for workshop use and appear to get away with adding to the cars that go through there workshop :thumbdown:

Great work Josh. :yahoo:

5W30 fully sync is what Nissan recommend for the VQ35DE.

The majority of Nissan garages keep 10W40 semi sync in there bulk tank for workshop use and appear to get away with adding to the cars that go through there workshop :thumbdown:

Id also like to say thanks again alex for supplying me with

All the parts and also giving such great friendly advise!

Overall im very pleased with the remap but im still a little confused on the dyno sheets and would like some break down or explanation if possible! Im not sure how great my gains were as i don't really have much to compare to and didn't get much of a chance to speak with mark, so im just wondering what he thinks? Also if possible could mark or scott send me a digital copy of the dyno sheets i forgot to ask when i was down :bangin:

What do you need to know re the dyno plots?

The 1st plots is axle hub BHP and Torque.

You need to divide the hub torque by the final drive ratio which is 4.651 to 1 this gets your a flywheel torque figure. Hub bhp you can add 35bhp to get a approx flywheel bhp figure.

The other dyno plot gives you flywheel torque(the same as above working out) and air fuel ratio.

Any more questions ask away , PM me your email addressand I will send you the dyno plots via email.

Mark

id say he's confused as the numbers seemed a tad low possibly? 257.5 + 35bhp to fly = 292.5bhp. The 2006 is 296bhp standard isnt it?

The 296bhp cars never give 296bhp we have found while we have been tuning the cars. They are always approx 20bhp down when totally stock.

Just use the dyno as a before and after tool , the car gain a good chunk of torque after the car was remapped, the before run is with all the parts added with the STOCK map the after is the same items plus a UPREV remap.

Remember all dyno,s read different so dont compare another dyno to our dyno just use the same dyno to compare gains.

What do you need to know re the dyno plots?

The 1st plots is axle hub BHP and Torque.

You need to divide the hub torque by the final drive ratio which is 4.651 to 1 this gets your a flywheel torque figure. Hub bhp you can add 35bhp to get a approx flywheel bhp figure.

The other dyno plot gives you flywheel torque(the same as above working out) and air fuel ratio.

Any more questions ask away , PM me your email addressand I will send you the dyno plots via email.

Mark

Hi mark thanks for the reply, as tez stated i just thought for nissan quoting 296 id expect to get more, i guess its quite shocking really how low on power the car really was compared to what nissan say... how can they get away with this :boxing:

Just wanted to know compared to the other 296 cars you've remapped if mine was along the same mark in terms of power or was it a bit down or perhaps up? What else would you recommend in terms of bolt ons for the rev-up to get any more gains? I was thinking of race pulleys and sport cats? is there anything im missing.

Im also wondering as im running a bit of extra power are there any parts of the car i want to be checking regularly, wondering how the transmission and engine will cope with the extra power, and if anything should be uprated just to make sure kind of thing.

You have a PM regarding a digital copy of dyno sheets, thanks.

Hi , yes we have tuned a few 296bhp cars , they all run lower than what Nissan claim we have found.

But the mods you have done so far have given the normal gains , but I feel you car needs a Y pipe at least get the more mid range gains that I feel you car is still lacking. Race cats will help as well , but the alloy pullies I feel are a waste of time. I have issues with removing the stock front pulley and engine balancing issues.

I will look at the PM and get back to you.

Mark