£1000 to spend..

taffyjason

ok so i have a stock 2004 350z , i have 1k spare for performance upgrades, excluding styling issues...what shall i do?

I love the in-gear power, a little dissapointed at the 0-60 type performance, seems to be all noise and nowhere near as much speed as it feels....

so what shall i do?

Plenum spacer gives you a little more mid range grunt.

Abbey, RS Tuning or Horsham are the only places that can tune the Zed.

Exhuast will all be down to personal choice and budget, so many options!!

If you just want a drop in filter you can get a cosworth one, or a totally different intake system if you choose.

i do apologise for being a nube, its the same with each forum im on, its finding the people to best deal with it, like the RS comments, looked on thier website and no 350 on the car list, but if you guys say they do, ill enquire properly.

I read the japspeed k2 thread, seems a good balance ....

does anyone here have heavy second gear? i tried a 0-60 type drive , i struggled to get past a mondeo that set off just in front of me, ....admittedly the traction control did jump in ... but one thing i am impressed with is in-gear power delivery, i had a 3.2 GTV alfa romeo before, i thought that was pokey in gear, but 350z much nicer.

also, a bit off-topic, but if i use auto on my driver window, it drops back down half way after reaching the top, plus it has an annoying rattle in the door when i do inch it to the top, im assuming its raising too far and dropping back as if somthing is caught in the window...any experience here?

oh yeah, that sound system is pretty amazing, my kidneys get a good work out with that bass speaker !

I have a K2 with a Japspeed Y pipe but some people have had fitment issues with K2s recently. Scorpion would be a good alternative to that.

Can't help you with the window issue I'm afriad.

2nd gear can be notchy until properly warmed up and nearly every member on here has this 'feature'!! You will get used to it. The Zed is a heavy girl and not really a 0 - 60 dragster, its a GT car so you won't ever be the quickest off the mark. Power through the gears is nice though.

thanks for the replies as always :)

do you guys ever get neds in thier 1.1 puntos / lupo's trying to **** you off on the motorways? or as i found out today...mostly vauxhall astra's?

does anyone know how much power the de-cat pipes free up on this vehicle? does it make it unbearably loud?

you will get possibly get that a lot. I tend to just pull really slowly and not even bother with them. I know which car I would prefer to be driving.

Gains are hard to get when staying NA with the Zed, you will need an uprev after your mods are fitted to see the most benefit so you are best to fit all your mods then get it tuned.

so in essence, get all the stage one mods, then go for the stage 2 type mods, i can dig that :)

the standard sound isnt bad i must admit, my lil nephew was wanting to see the zed, i turned the engine over and the lil lad jumped back a bit when you get that initial 'roar' , so i applaud the standard sound.....its just a pity when driving slowly you dont get the really nice growl until about 4-6000 rpm, i was driving it alonf yorkshire dales lanes, which have the high stone walls, really hear the grrrr then

If its performance you have in mind get an mrev2 in addition to the plenum spacer!

Also you cant beat a panel filter for performance other inductions kits lose bhp and are purely for sound!

If your going yo get more horses id extend your budget to include better discs and pads, no way you want all that power and no way to stop!

Plus a remap is a must

Your window issues are due to your window motor needing to be reset mate, there's a reset procedure in the FAQS section, search for window motors that should bring it up. Imagine thats what teh rattle will be, if someones had it off they might now have tightened the screws back up propperly.

braided brake lines, for around £60 - £70 its the cheapest best performance upgrade you can do, You'll really notice the difference

+1 :thumbs:

The Zed isn't a traffic light racer, it is more about looks and sounds B)

You should be able to squeeze in a Scorpion cat back, Pop Charger and Remap for under a grand then your car will sound fantastic and go even better in gear :thumbs: