Should we restrict viewing?

Chesterfield

Should we be accessible to"guests"  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be accessible to"guests"

• Keep the forum accessible to the public without needing to register.
    • Restrict viewing to those taking the time to register

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it would be a bad thing if you closed access - I instantly don't like 'the other side' because you have to register. Within Skyline ownership there was exactly the same kind of hostility between two sides and the one where you don't have to register grew and grew with great benefit to all people concerned.

For the life of me I can't find the other site on google or anything, the only thing that comes up is this site and that must be exploited surely. Those that want to contribute and join will do and they are more likely to do that here if theu are able to view beforehand - its a kind of TRY BEFORE YOU BUY - and thats a good thing

• 2 months later...
Guest prescience

Just thought I'd bump this thread to see whether people's attitudes have changed at all now that membership is very much higher. 29/8

I've voted for keep it accessible. If people are enthusiastic enough they will register. What's the harm in allowing guests to browse?

Is it only registered users that are allowed to post? If so then I'm all for that.

As a relatively new user, I found the ability to browse pre-registration was a major factor in registration.

Finding a forum that is full of passionate but sensible individuals clearly here to share info with and support other members was key.

Having been joined a few other forums (combination of 350Z and other marques) once in and reading the quality of posts I stopped my use immediately.

IMHO forums are all about communities and with the quality of users here why should we hide behind registration. The aim should be to increase active users through inviting comment etc. (as I think happens here already) rather than inflating user numbers by forcing everyone to "buy before they try".

Just my opinion!! :D

As a relatively new user, I found the ability to browse pre-registration was a major factor in registration.

Finding a forum that is full of passionate but sensible individuals clearly here to share info with and support other members was key.

Having been joined a few other forums (combination of 350Z and other marques) once in and reading the quality of posts I stopped my use immediately.

IMHO forums are all about communities and with the quality of users here why should we hide behind registration. The aim should be to increase active users through inviting comment etc. (as I think happens here already) rather than inflating user numbers by forcing everyone to "buy before they try".

Ditto :)

:teeth::thumbs:

nicely put Lee :thumbs:

Here here that man :thumbs:

Guest prescience

I agree, this sums it up perfectly :thumbs:

Couldn't have put it better myself....... I think its the enthusiasm thats generated by the members of this forum that instills the same into the people "just browsing" and before you know it, they've joined.....

Good to hear a "newbie" articulating the sentiments that work on here... :thumbs:

A man of great wisdom.... :notworthy:

I agree entirely which is why I check the forum every night when I can. I have learned so much about the car in this way!

Jim

• 2 years later...