Bike by week 350z weekends!

Demolition49

So becuase of the fuel costs and money im spending on the car using

It everyday has taken its toll on my bank balance an as a result im resorting to getting a 125cc to ride to work in the week, fast in traffic and economical an i must say in a way im glad because bikes are quite fun!

Just did my cbt and theory and direct access course is booked in! Shouldnt take long!

Reason im getting a 125 is im in london dont need power and want to be economical!

Also i dont want to get somthing like an r1 and get carried away! Because i know i will!

So what do you think?

cbr125.jpg

Honda cbr125 doesnt look bad does it :teeth:

I'd probably go for something a little bigger than a 125, they make a lot of noise and dont go anywhere quick! Although can be dept up to speed on open roads, the stop start of a city I'd recommend a 400CC sporty bike like an old CBR or maybe a Hornet 600CC. Enough kick to get going quick, but not stupid quick and over powered :thumbs:

Screw that. Why get your full license then buzz about on an underpowered race bike that has no comfort.

Have you ever ridden an RS125? 2 stroke heaven! probably the closest to a real GP bike you can buy, made my R1 feel like a bus through the twisties.

A 125 can reach up to like 80-90 downhill, why the heck would i need to go any faster than that! as i said im a londoner... and a 400 or 600 is way too powerfull for what i need! Plus its more tempting to go fast which = more danger!

The 125's dont buzz that bad! the 50cc are the worst!

i was always told that you don't stop at 125, but get onto something like a minimum of 250 asap, its not how fast you go, but the ability to get out of trouble. a 125 just doesn't have the poke to accelerate you out of a bad situation.

Screw that. Why get your full license then buzz about on an underpowered race bike that has no comfort.

Have you ever ridden an RS125? 2 stroke heaven! probably the closest to a real GP bike you can buy, made my R1 feel like a bus through the twisties.

Yup I have.

I wouldn't want to commute on one though and as quite a number of my mates proved when we were younger, italian 2 strokes are less than reliable as a package - especially when used in the wet.

Don't believe for a second you'll go faster on a 600. Those little race rep things beg to be revved and need to be to get anywhere. You'll be full throttle EVERYWHERE!

My personal preference would be something with a wee bit of torque so you can relax and cruise and nip away from traffic lights etc when required.

If you are set on a 125 then I'd get a scooter. Makes more sense for commuting in my eyes, can stick your helmet and bits and bobs under the seat and they are nippy round town.