e bay Short Shifter

The G Man

Had an Axail Flow short shifter fitted in my RX-8, it honestly was the best mod I did by far, rifle bolt precision and enhanced driving experience. The one listed on this e bay ad seems incredibly cheap and apparantly, fits a lot of models.

Has anyone got this or similar fitted to any Z? The thing that puts me off slightly is how would it get along with the rev synchro and ease of fitment, the Axail Flow was a simple lift out stock and drop in new shifter.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHORT-SHIFTER-NIS ... 35b0b630a0

I dont know what the 370's throw is like, but I found the my 350's short enough, especially when I combined it with a Nismo knob.

I did have a short shifter fitted for about 2 days as a trial for BigPhil. I hated it, and had it taken out.

I had one fitted to my RX8, infact I think I had same one as you George, and I loved it in that. Just not in the Zed.

Cheers guys, yeah the e bay one does look less substantial, was just browsing and it got me thinking about one.

Cheers for the link Alex, in you're opinion would that one fit a 370?

B & M assure me that it will George, however if you are serious then I can make further enquiries.

I have a 370 gearbox in my store, and the gearshift fitments look similar to 350DE and 350HR.

The 350 gear lever fits the 370 box and the 370 lever fits the 350 so I have got to assume that the B & M fits both.

I am reluctant to take the new B & M out its heat shrinked packaging to test fit.

If you wish to proceed then give me a shout and I will get further confirmation that this will definately fit. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Cheers guys, yeah the e bay one does look less substantial, was just browsing and it got me thinking about one.

Cheers for the link Alex, in you're opinion would that one fit a 370?

B & M assure me that it will George, however if you are serious then I can make further enquiries.

I have a 370 gearbox in my store, and the gearshift fitments look similar to 350DE and 350HR.

The 350 gear lever fits the 370 box and the 370 lever fits the 350 so I have got to assume that the B & M fits both.

I am reluctant to take the new B & M out its heat shrinked packaging to test fit.

If you wish to proceed then give me a shout and I will get further confirmation that this will definately fit. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Thanks for that Alex, don't disturb it from the packaging mate, it's something I'm mulling over at the moment. But it's sounding like it does fit. You'll be the first one I contact when I get round to this :thumbs: Hopefully speak soon, thanks again.

The only difference I could logically see there being is something for the SRM to work. Dont know where the microswitches or sensors are for that, but I've heard they are around the gate? But as it sounds likes Alex has had the shifters off both, then it will work. Nissan wouldnt go and completely redesign bits when they dont need to :thumbs: