Engine Management / Malfunction light just come on

Buckley

not sure if this needed to be in technical or not so apologies if wrong

the girlfriend drove the Z home from work tonight, so not speeding or caning it at all, ive come to park it up in the garage earlier and as im reversing it in the engine management light has appeared

it came on steady so i parked her up and left it 5mins but still lit up steady when ignition is on

looked in the handbook and it describes it as the Malfunction Light

doesnt really give much info on what this could be or where to start, basically says to go to Nissan

im no mechanic at all, dont know really anything about how to fix things, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on this as its got me a bit worried - only had my Z for almost 2months!

ive checked under the engine and it was hot but nothing untoward i wouldnt have thought

hopefully it isnt serious, was hoping to get some new alloys/tyres before the weather gets nice but if this turns out to be an expensive repair :(

thanks in advance :)

Am I still ok to take the car to work tomorrow?

Gonna be a 30mile roundtrip but don't wanna do any extra damage

I'll try get the code on my break when I get 10mins

Providing that the car does not go into limp mode then you will be fine to drive the car, however best to pull the code asap. :thumbs:

Just wanna say thanks to all

After about 25 goes I managed to rest the ECU!

Waitin to get my mate to run a diagnostics test tomorrow to get the code and I'll post it up here for advice

Once again thankyou very much lads!!