Car limits activity day, vids and pics

Will370z

You do get quite a few runs in, that is unless your engine light comes on....cry.

Seriously don't worry you will get plenty of time to have fun in your car, it's great bang for your buck.

Umm maybe bang is the wrong word.......

your engine light came on? How come?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do get quite a few runs in, that is unless your engine light comes on....cry.

Seriously don't worry you will get plenty of time to have fun in your car, it's great bang for your buck.

Umm maybe bang is the wrong word.......

your engine light came on? How come?

No idea, it was a hot day and the cars were sitting for 20 mins before being gunned and then sat around. Maybe it was the mods I had on recently causing the ecu to fumble. Thanks to spursmaddave I found how to perform the reset and it was all cool, light never appeared again. Tried to identify the code flashes but every time I counted I got a different answer so gave up.

Car was fine after that though.

Just booked for May 1st see you peeps there

Excellent, think my mate alex is going to come along in the other mx5, if he does we will run one car with budget Tyres & one with r888's to see the difference in times :teeth:

I imagine my times are going to be fairly shocking, as never done anything like this in my car, but cant wait to fully go for it with a decent stretch of safe track.

Although someone was saying to me at work they had heard of someone flipping thier car at Carlimits which suprised me (they werent sure it was there but when i showed them the link etc they seemed quite confident it was) can that really happen? The R8 vid surely is about as fast as you can go and they did a pretty big wipeout with no flip...

You can flip a car at North Weald, but it does depend on the kind of car. Jo had her old Aygo on three wheels and it was very leany when we did our last day there, and then a couple of weeks later a Fiat Panda went straight over as it took the high speed bend. To be fair to Walshy he put everything right out of his own pocket and took full responsibility for the incident, and I believe he's re-adjusted his views on what cars he will and won't allow you to do a day there in light of this.

That said, you're never going to be able to roll a sports car of any kind there unless you're being particularly stupid, and I mean ignoring Walshy completely and going past the drain and digging your wheels into the grass. Honestly, that is never going to happen in a million years though. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Neo ninja, are you still going tomorrow? I'll be there in the mx5, :ninja:

Sure am bud, cant wait sh*tting myself though as never done anything like this in mycar, also feel like i should have given the car a decent clean! (i snow foamed it and its come out a bit crap tbh, but then again i got impatient and didnt let it sit for long enough) doh!

I actually just posted another thread to ask about tire pressure as i couldnt find the max on my sidewall...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48881

Have a good one guys. Looking forward to the pics.

Try not to destroy too many cones this time Darren ;):boxing:

got mine and the misses iphones, as well as one of the work hd camcorders, but i couldnt find the charger when i left work so no idea how long its going to last!

Oh there's a surprise then :lol: NOT B) Well done guys, looking forward to seeing you next week and in Wales mate :thumbs:

A little mazda was quickest by 1mph :ninja: not sure who it was, some shady looking fella with some fancy glasses on