APS Single turbo kit installed @ £5195

WRCT-2

We are currently offering a "Group Buy" price on APS Single Turbo kits, installed & mapped for only £5195 each. Drive in drive out.

In order to achieve this price we require 3 confirmed orders.

The APS Plenum/brace/exhaust is available for this car but is at extra cost.

We expect to turn these cars out at a safe 380 BHP and 375lb-ft this is similar to most well set up Supercharger installations but with slightly more torque at lower revs.

Call Allan on 08709-911797 and these can be done this year still.

How would the standard internals stand up to this kit? Been thinking more towards a Single turbo rather than a twin. Would this kit give more scope to big turbo in the future? Whats the price on the plenum and exhaust? Just curious for the when I eventually go down the FI route.

Guest prescience

Allan,

Granted it was a while ago, but when I was looking at getting the APS Twin Turbo, I did have some discussions with Peter at APS about the single just in passing. He did NOT recommend use of the single in the UK at that time due to the driving characteristics typically experienced in the UK. Has anything changed recently?

It is a good price and personally I think you are correct about the 400 lbft boundary :)

We are aware that the kit was originally designed for LHD use but one has already been engineered into a UK car. As we at WRC are offering our own warranty we have no need to involve APS in this installation, should anything unfortunate happen. However we are more than confident nothing should go wrong due to the conservative set up we will give it.

I would believe that the actual driving experience will be only slightly down on the Twin Turbo installation as we also set those up on ultra conservative settings. There should be no noticeable lag on either kit as the car has 3500cc capacity to help it along when off boost.

Best Regards

Allan

Could you outline the warranty that you give with your install, as i dont know about other people, but some UK turbo horror stories have certainly made most people a tad twitchy. Obviously there is always an element of risk, theres no doubt, but the number of installs to failures, on stock internals was nothing short of scary.

Is there any 'deal' you do on the twin turbo kit, if people wanted to go down that route?

Jamie

on that thread I'm sorry but I agree with the WRCT guys. I wouldn't have gone out of my way after someone brought me his car AFTER having spent the money elsewhere and with the risk of being pinpointed as cause of future issues if they arised...

I still think it's all down to the tuning. G-Force TTs have mostly exploded, none of the WRC ones have, to my knowledge.

on that thread I'm sorry but I agree with the WRCT guys. I wouldn't have gone out of my way after someone brought me his car AFTER having spent the money elsewhere and with the risk of being pinpointed as cause of future issues if they arised...

I still think it's all down to the tuning. G-Force TTs have mostly exploded, none of the WRC ones have, to my knowledge.

Well, theres a surprise. :thumbs:

My point is to let people read it and make their own minds up. Knowledge is power. :)

As at today we have 4 x 350Z's with the APS TT installed. All operating ok. We have encountered a few manufacturing issues of late, due to APS having executed changes to the kit without informing any of us. These items were both annoying and seriouslty time consuming for us and inconvenienced the owners.

However we just plodded on and overcame the hurdles presented to us.

We deliver the cars back at around 335 BHP at the rear wheels [c405 BHP Flywheel] and just on 400lb-ft all at between 6.6 and 7.5 p.s.i. depending on configuration.

We believe that these performance figures are the maximum that the cars should be on standard internals.

Regards

Allan

We deliver the cars back at around 335 BHP at the rear wheels [c405 BHP Flywheel] and just on 400lb-ft all at between 6.6 and 7.5 p.s.i. depending on configuration.

We believe that these performance figures are the maximum that the cars should be on standard internals.

How do you get to these numbers? Is there some scientific way in proving it supports 405BHP, but not 420? Or is it more of a trial-and-error approach genre "we have X cars which have been driven for Y miles without issues, so this should be safe" ?

There is a scientific approach. Chris Davies has calculated the effective compression ration of a 350Z with 6/6.5/7/7.5/8/8.5/9 psi of boost added at sea level. He as our Technical Director has determined the boost levels that he is happy with on each car.

This is only one small part of the testing, he has had destructive testing carried out on components and we have carried out cylinder pressure testing. The result of all of these tests have allowed us to determine our own safe working limit for these cars.

If you just "bolt on" an APS TT kit you really struggle to get it to deliver less than 430 BHP at the flywheel. You need to work at getting the stresses down. The kit is excellent.

Regards

Allan

Very interesting to read that.

This is only one small part of the testing, he has had destructive testing carried out on components

There's been a fair bit of that 'in the field' as well ;)

If you just "bolt on" an APS TT kit you really struggle to get it to deliver less than 430 BHP at the flywheel. You need to work at getting the stresses down.

Isn't a question of just bringing the boost pressure down, or is there more to it than that?

I guess it is more complicated, because if it was just that, 1 type of turbo would be enough for all engines, just regulate the max boost. I guess it has something to do with that each turbo has an ideal operating "range", because you need to get it spinning and keep it spinning at a certain speed, and i suppose turbo's are built with this in mind, so not all of them are equal :)

We are currently offering a "Group Buy" price on APS Single Turbo kits, installed & mapped for only £5195 each. Drive in drive out.

In order to achieve this price we require 3 confirmed orders.

The APS Plenum/brace/exhaust is available for this car but is at extra cost.

We expect to turn these cars out at a safe 380 BHP and 375lb-ft this is similar to most well set up Supercharger installations but with slightly more torque at lower revs.

Call Allan on 08709-911797 and these can be done this year still.

Hi Allan

why do you have to change the strut brace, and can this be used inconjunction with a kinetix plenum, also whats the lag like on this?

Hi Allan

why do you have to change the strut brace, and can this be used inconjunction with a kinetix plenum, also whats the lag like on this?

The APS Plenum is a different size, so the stock brace no longer fits. The kit will certainly work with Kinetix, we just need to shorten inlet pipe slightly, as Kinetix puts throttle body in a slightly different position [i believe]

As for lag, a large capacity engine when turbo charged does not demonstrate serious lag. However lag can be virtually eliminated by correct mapping.

Allan