time for the winter wheels??

lomoto

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure dude, was easy :D

Go with the black actually, that at least goes with the B pillar colour

one of my lads in the workshop is rubbing them down and masking off as I type.. going for the gloss black.. mind you it wont match the B pillar thats carbon fibre :headhurt:

one of my lads in the workshop is rubbing them down and masking off as I type.. going for the gloss black.. mind you it wont match the B pillar thats carbon fibre :headhurt:

Is it? doh!

Then get them carbonified, haha!

Gloss black will be nice, cant wait to see how close my photoshop is to the original.

Is it? doh!

Then get them carbonified, haha!

Gloss black will be nice, cant wait to see how close my photoshop is to the original.

I dont think I can wait untill next Spring to see what they look like either :teeth:

Looks good, GM looks great

look much better, bet the paint was peeling off already :lol:;)

I think your mixing these quality rims up with those you have fitted :p

to be honest though I dont think the polished edges would have stood up to any salt, (not without a lot of elbow grease, and its tooo cold to go in the garage at this time of year ;) )

They look great. I wish I had done mine myself now. Did you use aerosols or 2 pak paint?

Is that shine on the lip the same as it was when you got them or is it much duller and need re-doing?

just used p1ss cans, but gave it a few coats of clear top coat, polished lip was just as the photo when I got them new, but would have to be kept polished if I ran it through the winter with them on as there was no protective finish ,just bare alloy :)

Were the little nuts dummy nuts which just unscrewed?

yep just faux allen bolts, put them back with a touch of Loctite though :thumbs:

Did you notice if they were just a standard thread like a M4 or something? Are they only 10mm long or something?

they are not really a threaded item !! just a plastic allen bolt with a split tapered coarse thread that is a push fit in the shallow holes..