Lowering my zed

Beau

Hi guys, Test fitted a wheel today and there is still quite a lot of space around the arch.... so My thoughts are about lowering it.... ;)

What are the pro's and cons. I dont want to slam it straight down, maybe a inch or so plus I dont want any rubbing on the rear with the tyre. :wacko:

Has anyone done this and how has it turned out. I know ride comfort may get a bit more harsh :dry:

So what are your Ideas??? :)

Beau

the eibachs are just a straight swap. It does make the car low and navigating speed bumps will become an issue, esp the big square ones in the middle of the lanes. I had them for over a year and they were good. Changed to coilovers for track use

no eibachs are tried and tested and are fine on track. The coilovers allow alot more adjustment to suit the track. If you dont plan on tracking i would honestly say eibachs every time. Eibachs are well thought of and used on many cars. Nissan supplied my car fitted with them with the nismo kit etc and it looked fantastic on the 19"lmgt4's. No rubbing but sits just perfect. You only get what you pay for imo :thumbs:

Coilovers are good if you want to change the spring height regularly, ie lower it fro track and heighten it for roads.... however you pay the price of this convenience.... around £700 for the entry level

30mm is driveable, but as said before, cos of the wide stance of the 350, some speed humps make us look like a beached whale!

Are coilovers better then the actual springs then?

And also I found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FK-LOWERING-SPRIN ... 1715wt_932

It's cheap but is it any good?

Thanks

Well they are £140 cheaper than the Eibach kit - so where is the saving being made? That would be my main worry - possible inferior materials.

I would certainly find out more about them before committing any money - whereas the Eibachs come recommended, tried and tested.

:)

Coilovers are good if you want to change the spring height regularly, ie lower it fro track and heighten it for roads.... however you pay the price of this convenience.... around £700 for the entry level

30mm is driveable, but as said before, cos of the wide stance of the 350, some speed humps make us look like a beached whale!

the standard suspension is coilovers except the rears. adjustable coilovers allow adjustment. The rear of the zed isnt a true coilover and is an expensive job to change to.

I have also heard these are quite good too MEISTER ZETA COILOVERS??

Anyone tried them? I got a quote off someone for £400. Good or bad price?

Thanks, Beau

the prices say it all. A set of kw's v3's are over 1300 quid. If you pay cheap then thats what you will get im afraid. It has happened many times and ive now had it drummed into my head that you only get what you pay for.

Thanks, Beau

the prices say it all. A set of kw's v3's are over 1300 quid. If you pay cheap then thats what you will get im afraid. It has happened many times and ive now had it drummed into my head that you only get what you pay for.

There are a few on here running the meister coilovers, dunno how they are getting on with them though :shrug:

Buy cheap buy twice ;)

Thanks, Beau

Buy cheap buy twice ;)

big +1 on that

The MEISTER ZETA COILOVERS do look quite impressive though....

look and work are totally different things. You will need high maintenance no doubt and usually like all cheap shite it will fall apart etc

The MEISTER ZETA COILOVERS do look quite impressive though....

I would go for them personally. They are pretty good and are well rated on slot of forums.

Do you have them on yours, what is the ride like and how much drop do they give....?