Carbon Fibre repair

car350z

I have to admit... I screwed up. I have a Varis CF front lip and when I was parking at Tesco's, I went a tad bit too far and hit the curb :blackeye:

There CF lip now has a crack and the scratching removed much of the resin on the underside. Is there a way to repair that kind of damage without a huge visible difference? Is it possible to sort of fix it with some kind of transparent fibre glass or so and then put some resin back on to keep the gloss? Or would it be easier and better to buy a new lip?

scratches can be sorted with a bit of nail polish, but the crack is another issue. it could be reinforced from behind with Fibre glass, but depending on the thickness depends on if it will go back on the car.

personally its a fibreglass repair and a paint job, you'll loose the CF finish, but it will look good as new. could at least do the proper repair and sell it on, then buy a new CF one if the CF finish is so important.

personally its a fibreglass repair and a paint job, you'll loose the CF finish, but it will look good as new. could at least do the proper repair and sell it on, then buy a new CF one if the CF finish is so important.

+1 fill it and repaint it gloss black.

you could repair it then prime it. there was a trade stand at castle coombe last year at the japfest show who simulate cf effect in anything. they used a diping service. the finish was fabulous. you could check online for these service, then send off your primed item.