Japanese earthquake

stanski

just seen the news! Those poor people, seeing the water wash across the land it's like someone pouring water over a sandcastle and nothing stopping it.

cars floating past like little toys and also massive boats pushed under bridges and capsized.

It's just impossible to comprehend?

Poor sods.

One point which I found difficult to get my head round. Look at the international response to this, everyone mobilising to help the victims in any way they can after a freak accident of nature.

Compare that to the greif that is being inflicted by people on people in other places.

Madness. :shrug:

Mother nature is not happy recently. It's going to hit NZ to, as if they haven't had enough.

I thought the exact same Martin, people on people situations are often overlooked compared to things like this, don't get me wrong both are very horrific things to happen but the japanese often see things like this and have done for thousands of years it comes with living in that area of the world, they're also a vyer wealthy country. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying don't help but we should sort out the human race before trying to save ourselves from nature, we're on a self disctruct path half of the time anyway. Well i think we are anyway haha!

One point which I found difficult to get my head round. Look at the international response to this, everyone mobilising to help the victims in any way they can after a freak accident of nature.

Compare that to the greif that is being inflicted by people on people in other places.

Madness. :shrug:

The rest of the world imports a lot of goods from Japan, so they want it back up and running asap.

As for say Lybia for example - Russia doesn't want to see any international involvement. Oh, I wonder why. Lybia stops producing oil - yes its only about 2% of global, but its good quality stuff. Oil prices rise rapidly. And Russian billionaires (inlcuidng Putin) made a lot of their money from what again?

When it kicked off between Russia and the Ukraine, nobody wanted to know, because if Russia threw the toys out of the pram, then that little pipeline supplying half of europe with Gas and oil would have had some "maintenance" needed I'm sure. Oil prices well over $100 a barrel and everythings working fine. If it goes back down to $60 or thereabouts, several refineries will suddenly need upgrading and pipelines will be "broken". You can set your watch by it.

Christchurch is bad, and remains so, with multiple reasonable aftershocks every day, (water, sewage, power off still in some areas after Feb's big jolt) going back to the first big shake in September, and up to the current one in February ( http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/qua ... uakes.html ), but it pales in comparison to Japan currently. Poor souls. Our prime minister has already committed one of our rescue teams.

They warned us in Kiwiland this morning to stay away from the water due to the Tsunami they were expecting. Doesn't seem to have caused much havoc here thankfully. [fingers crossed]

Mother nature is not happy recently. It's going to hit NZ to, as if they haven't had enough.

We're still here. :thumbs:

Pretty shocking, although the death toll will thankfully be a lot lower than the Boxing Day Tsunami the damage looks to be a lot worse. It's a mammoth task just to clear up the mess, never mind rebuilding it all. What on Earth are are they going to do with it all, burn it? bury it? Something that you can't help notice is the incredible number of cars and vans that were swept along like toys in the black tide and apparently, a number of people actually survived inside their vehicles :scare: .

Pete

Something that you can't help notice is the incredible number of cars and vans that were swept along like toys in the black tide and apparently, a number of people actually survived inside their vehicles :scare: .

At least you'd stand a chance of not being mushed by smaller debri. :blink:

Nissan's Tochigi Plant not that far away from that dodgy nuclear reactor :scare: .

Spoke to GlenMH today (used to have an Azure GT Roadster).The main issue in Tokyo now is that they are running out of bottled water, food in the supermarkets and there is no fuel for deliveries. They have enough food for 10 days to keep them going.

In good old Japanese style, everyone is getting back to work but I can see inflation starting to hit big time especially on food and fuel if it is short supply.