bhp conflicting accounts

Hi everyone. I joined a few days ago and was getting a 55 plate 350z however on inspection it did not cut the mustard so I am going for the latest model I can afford which is late 2009.

However having searched for days through a few Nissan Forums and nissan themselves no one can state black and white what the official BHP of the variants are and as for the 0-60 well every ones car is just a tad faster than the next person which makes it even more frustrating as by right I should punch on paragraph or ask one question from google and come up with 2=2=4 but I get 100000000 pages of opinions.

Any way the other day I pulled this off a page on here

Up to 2005 is 276 BHP

2006 --> 2007 is 296 (up to 07 plate)

2007 --> is 313 (57 plate onwards)

Yet Nissan GB at Rickmansworth and WLMG and every internet site I have visited thus far says the 2007 onwards is 306bph.

What started off as a calm relaxed Google search has become a dammed annoyance and turned me into a Gibberish Brandy swilling nincompoop.

Please does anyone have Bible swearing correct details on the BHP for the 2007-2009 please. And I wont even ask the guy who said his standard 350z is 0.2 quicker than a Bentley Continental as I have driven them many times.

Kind regards to all the people who I know will reply to this

thenoname.

also pre facelift has more torque, but less bhp amd the newer ones have less torque but more bhp.

pre facelifts are lighter, post facelifts are heavier.

pre facelift has the cheaper road tax as well

and if you put them on the track they cross the line all about the same time.

the post facelift one will driver better i believe, the engine is smoother, the pull more linear etc and it has the uprated interior. i say up rated they changed the knobs and added a bit more silver.

at the end of the day they are much of a muchness and you should go for the best example you can find.

276bhp up to approx May 2006 on MY03 cars. DE engine

296bhp on GT4's only from May 2005 then on all 2006 face-lift models from approx May that year. DE (Rev-up) engine.

309bhp from 2007 MY07 cars which had the HR engine (Bonnet bulge model)

At last some answers I can understand thanks guys. I was going to go to Horsham developments as he will supply and fit for £218ish the spacer kit. However he said the new engine is already spaced and therefor is no kit.

I am a quick learner of good info cheers:)

You are pretty local to me by the sounds of it if you are in Rickmansworth, I'm about 15 minutes south into Hillingdon.

I don't mean to sway you, I think the local WLMG in in High Wycombe. I went to look at the 350z they had there. It was stunning, but not only was it very over priced, but they were so rude to me I couldn't believe it. They pretty much laughed at me when I said I was interested in the zed (they probably saw a scruffy 20 something guy walk in). By the time they added a warranty, GAP insurance and other bits it was over £19k (and that's before finance fees). It was only when I said how much hard cash I had to put on a car they came around and talked to me. I never like to be critical of companies, but I was pretty pee'd off when I left.

When I bought my 313 from a guy who sold zeds for over 6 years years and owned one from the day they were released in the UK (knew a lot about the cars indeed), I told him about the car I went to see and he laughed and said give it 6 months and it will be £1800 lower :lol:.

There was a recent thread asking if it is worth getting the newer model, I'm on my iPhone at the moment so can't look it up but it's around.

Oh yea, :welcome::lol:

Hi. I bought my 1st Nissan a patrol there from Shepperton and fell out big time over something but I emailed the MD and he is as good as gold. My pathfinder I got from Crystals at Grantham and they are just pigs. after I bought it I went back to collect it and it was dark.

they had blown out the front tyre and stuck it in the spare slot underneath and put an illigal steel rim in it's place. And I am disabled and got it on Motability HP. The @*!# really hit and the end result was 4 new tyres and £500. However WLMG are giving me £1300 more than what I paid for it as I do detailing for a hobby and leather cleaning. After falling out with Shepperton the MD asked if Ruislip could look after me and I have to say they are brillient and I get lots of discounts and the service lady knows her stuff. I just decided to take advantage of the profit on the pathfinder as I have had it 2.5 years and put 20K on the clock so that must be a worlds 1st. They have said it is immaculate. Anyway I agree they are over priced by £1500 at least but I am dealing with the sales side now just up the road from ruislip at eastcote and they are great. I put an offer on a couple of cars and every depot I emailed replied except Mill Hill. i made a phone call and they have all been told that they are to respond to all email enquires. They have had a clear out as WLMG just took over High Wickham and the staff are more polite now.

I was looking at that black one 09 registered on an late 08 plate. They emailed me back straight away and it has the birds view sat nav that i have on the pathfinder plus it only has 18000 on the clock and they want £17000 for it.

So I might have it as i dont have any spare cash and the pathfinder is the deposit. Trust me if you go through there complaints you will get treated like a God. I actually now live in Morden other side of Kingston but as i get on so well with Ruislip now I will only deal with them. I did live on a narrowboat on the Grand union canal at kings langley .but illness has forced me to put it on the market and get a apartment. I often came through Hillingdon on my trips down to the Carnival. In fact I am taking her from were she is now at hampton court down through hillingdon to Alperton next week to sell. They do a very good warranty and do check the cars out. I was doing a transaction with a 55 plate and was just about to sort out the insurance when the guy rang me and said it's a dud. Which was very honest as when they put it up for MOT they found the exhaust had blown. The discs and linings all needed replacing as did every tyre and would cost them £3k to fix. I bet the plonker who bought it at Mill Hill does not work their anymore.

Anyway If I like the 350 and get on with it and of course i shall put de cat pipes and ecu remap ect. Then when I sell the boat I will up it to a 370 and also get a Ferrari 456 which i always wanted.

Anyway thanks for the imput and I think i had better go incase i get accused of turning this into a Face Book double ha ha

Regards

Peter

You are pretty local to me by the sounds of it if you are in Rickmansworth, I'm about 15 minutes south into Hillingdon.

I don't mean to sway you, I think the local WLMG in in High Wycombe. I went to look at the 350z they had there. It was stunning, but not only was it very over priced, but they were so rude to me I couldn't believe it. They pretty much laughed at me when I said I was interested in the zed (they probably saw a scruffy 20 something guy walk in). By the time they added a warranty, GAP insurance and other bits it was over £19k (and that's before finance fees). It was only when I said how much hard cash I had to put on a car they came around and talked to me. I never like to be critical of companies, but I was pretty pee'd off when I left.

When I bought my 313 from a guy who sold zeds for over 6 years years and owned one from the day they were released in the UK (knew a lot about the cars indeed), I told him about the car I went to see and he laughed and said give it 6 months and it will be £1800 lower :lol:.

There was a recent thread asking if it is worth getting the newer model, I'm on my iPhone at the moment so can't look it up but it's around.

Snap with the Iphone ha ha. I looked at 3 zeds and every one some bastard nicked the bluetooth phone module out the centre arm rest. Hence I want the Birdview sat nav as it works through that.:_

Oh yea, :welcome::lol:

I am learning all the time thanks to you guys. I have come to the conclusion to get as newer model as I can with as lower milage as poss with full service history and know ex owners. Incidently that one at High Wycoombe is Midnight Blue not black. Did anyone else spot this deliberate Mistake!

With The Z I find I can relax in and not have my walking stick handle poking me in the face from the passenger seat gully.

Unlike a Boxster or 911:)

Thanks for the welcoms:)

thenoname

I was puzzled by the same thing, i assumed the z350 313 model was 313bhp, but its not, apparently its only 309bhp. And just because the car is 2007 onwards doenst mean its automatically the 313 model. Some had the older engine in. I saw a 57 plate one which was not the 313. One easy way to tell is that the bonnet has a big bulge in it if its the 313 model.

I am learning all the time thanks to you guys. I have come to the conclusion to get as newer model as I can with as lower milage as poss with full service history and know ex owners. Incidently that one at High Wycoombe is Midnight Blue not black. Did anyone else spot this deliberate Mistake!

With The Z I find I can relax in and not have my walking stick handle poking me in the face from the passenger seat gully.

Unlike a Boxster or 911:)

Thanks for the welcoms:)

thenoname

The only reason I went to look at it was because I wanted midnight blue and no other colour. At the time it was the only midnight blue car for sale within 40 miles of London. Hence why I went to Northampton to get mine :lol:.

You've done better than me, I fell onto the "JDM's have 40bhp more!" or "JDM's don't have a Renault engine, it's Nissan!" or my favourite "JDM's don't have manual gearboxes, no one likes to change gear over there" bandwagon... Won't be going back to that garage again... (I didn't buy my Z from there btw lol, the gearbox statement raised my eyebrows to their 'extensive' knowledge on the Z! :lol: .........F***ers.... :dry: )

• 2 months later...