Do I let it go or not

stesrg

I have been offered 8.5k and was wondwering to let it go or hang on for a tad more ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

Flew through a mot the other day I need to sort the exhaust out and the engine managment light is on due to de catting it appart from a good polish that is the only faults ... some geezer has offered me the cash to take it away as it is !!!!

what should I do ?

Ste .

can only really answer it yourself imo, are you happy with the 8.5? if you are then go for it, if not hold out although the market is starting to fill up with them again so may be worth taking it if you want rid of it.

Going by what some early Zeds have been bought and sold for recently seems like a reasonable offer, was actually thinking about putting mine up for £9k with a view to accepting £8.5.

In saying that if its his first offer I would try for a bit more

Sounds like a fair offer to be honest. We have all taken hits on them - yours is a great low mileage example but and you could might be able to get £9k for it but if you want rid then accept.

Up to you though fella..... :console:

tough one really. From looking at cars myself, id be tempted to take the money. You could hold on and maybe be lucky and get more, but in my experience it never comes and you end up having to sell for a lot less than you were originally offered months down the line. Thats happened twice with me now on cars and I wished id taken the first offer.

I love the way the underside has been cleaned up and waxoyled. Looks like you could eat your dinner on it. Indicates to me that the car has been really well cared for. And it's low mileage. Having said that, it is 03.

I bought mine, an 05 for £9k with fsh and have had no problems and very little to do on it, only maintainence - but it had twice the mileage as yours.

IMO, I'd grab the money.

Well I had a nice chap came round the weekend to have a look at it and he said its the best he has seen so far (he had seen 4) some lower miles said their is a load neglected ones :scare: and asked how many did i look at befor i brought this one I said about 10 !!!! So why did he not buy it or leave a deposit ?

Think I will ram it into a dealer does every one get this hassel when selling ? thats 6 emails and 5 phone calls and 1 viewing :bang:

or is it me ?

Ste .

Well I had a nice chap came round the weekend to have a look at it and he said its the best he has seen so far (he had seen 4) some lower miles said their is a load neglected ones :scare: and asked how many did i look at befor i brought this one I said about 10 !!!! So why did he not buy it or leave a deposit ?

Think I will ram it into a dealer does every one get this hassel when selling ? thats 6 emails and 5 phone calls and 1 viewing :bang:

or is it me ?

Ste .

Where else are you advertising it?

Take the offer! Its an 03 model in silver, and although in stunning condition you'll need luck/time to get 9k. Petrol prices and the general economy are hitting these cars hard. I'm selling my BMW 330 54plate for a similar price, everyone says its lovely but noone parts with the cash!

I hate selling cars which is one reason why I end up keeping them for so long. Last car I sold I had no end of time wasters. People offering silly money without seeing the car. Then others turning up testing it out, agreeing it was the best by far they had seen and then not even making an offer.

Im hoping when I come to sell my zed I will find that enthusiast who loves the car as much as I do and wont mess me about.

or is it me ?

Ste .

Where else are you advertising it?

Pistonheads and ebay

Ste .

Mate I know the feeling. I've been trying to sell my RX-8 for nearly 5 months now and it's just not shifting even at the knock-down price of £4,695.

People just don't want thirsty cars any more and with the extra hike in April, there'll be even less interest. Try AutoTrader, that's where most people look first, although it is eye-wateringly expensive for a 6 week ad.

Mate I know the feeling. I've been trying to sell my RX-8 for nearly 5 months now and it's just not shifting even at the knock-down price of £4,695.

People just don't want thirsty cars any more and with the extra hike in April, there'll be even less interest. Try AutoTrader, that's where most people look first, although it is eye-wateringly expensive for a 6 week ad.

I agree and take the main photo low down from the rear passenger quarter ie. the nearside rear wheel. Psychology - it works every time. ;)