O M F G

seech

Test drove a 313 PS 2007 Coupe today. Just 18,000 miles.

I was thrown the keys and told to go and take her for a spin. Only had 10 or so minutes as I was on a lunch hour and needed to get back to work.

I was speechless. Such an amazing sound. Bucket loads of torque. Tail happy. Amazing looks. :yahoo:

I drove a 300 PS model a few weeks ago; took it easier as I had a salesman with me that time. Somehow, it really didn't impress as much as I thought it would. But this one was an event, start to finish. I think just knowing it has more power is enough for me.

ANYWAY, I digress.

A couple of points I have noted - I would really appreciate people's opinions, if you would be so kind.

1. From cold, it was difficult to select 1st and 2nd ratios - I have read about this on here and it seems harmless enough - surely not a reason to turn the car down?

2. There was a repetative clicking sound at one point, driving slowly over dodgy car park potholes. Ideas?

3. I spoke to the Nissan High Performance centre in central Manchester today who assured me that the services go P1>P2>P1>P3. This is consistent with what is being said on this forum. The service history is stamped by this very dealership as P1>P2>P3. Should I be worried?

4. Nissan said that a cambelt service is 54K or 5 years. Is that right? I have read in a post aimed at newbie owners that it should be 4 years.

I thought I would ask this as I usually buy without considering consequences, but I want to make sure I am not buying a melon (like a lemon, but bigger and with a meaty V6 in it).

Cheers folks

Yup a very special car. The salesman threw the keys at me when I turned up and said you wont regret it. I also took it easy, I felt like I was like doing my driving test again :lol:.

I must say, I haven't experienced the clunky feel from 1st to 2nd some speak of, either I'm lucky or my driving style just covers it up, however others will come and give you more advice on this.

Again, others will give you far better advice regarding the servicing orders. The upside of a dealer is that if they sell you something that isn't what it should, you have a lot more protection, but obviously you dont need that hassle.

If it is a goer, hurry up and buy it! B)

1. From cold, it was difficult to select 1st and 2nd ratios - I have read about this on here and it seems harmless enough - surely not a reason to turn the car down?

Many people have this exact issue and put up with it, but thats your call. When you have driven a car with a faultless gearbox this feels wrong but thats just my opinion.

2. There was a repetative clicking sound at one point, driving slowly over dodgy car park potholes. Ideas?

if it clicks as you are travelling along its probably worn CV joints, make the garage REPLACE them, NOT just flip them over :nono:

if it is only when you go over bumps and potholes and could be described as a clunk then it could be ARB drop links, again get these replaced.

3. I spoke to the Nissan High Performance centre in central Manchester today who assured me that the services go P1>P2>P1>P3. This is consistent with what is being said on this forum. The service history is stamped by this very dealership as P1>P2>P3. Should I be worried?

well it means it has had the expensive service early, so i would probably just crack on from where a P3 would leave you which makes your next a P1 then P2>P1>P3>P1

4. Nissan said that a cambelt service is 54K or 5 years. Is that right? I have read in a post aimed at newbie owners that it should be 4 years.

Shows how much Nissan know their own product as the zed has a chain not a belt :dry: and you wont need to change it :thumbs:

glad you enjoyed it :)

Quote:

Hahahahahahahaha! Seriously though, thats freeking scary if they know that little about their own cars they think its a belt.......... :bangin::blackeye:

That may be may fault - I asked the cambelt question!

So it is definitely 4 years then? If so, the car I looked at, which is due a service in a few months, will need a cam chain even though it's sub-20K miles?

The gearbox in my '08 313 when cold is about as subtle as that of an old Massey Ferguson tractor, and that's with 12,000 miles on the clock.

I.M.H.O. not a reason to reject the car...

S.

That is Nissan preying on the ignorance/trust of owners. Very wrong in my opinion.

I recently bought a 57 plate 313 and have the same 1st, 2nd gear issue from cold, I'd already read about it on here so wasn't bothered.

It's certainly not a reason not to buy the car, I've also read on here that swapping the gearbox oil can help eliminate the 'problem'.

To repeat some advice given to me from ZMANALEX - ensure that genuine Nissan transmission oil is in there, and adding some Molyslip has gained an improvement for many people.

Cambelt indeed...imbeciles...

:)

I noticed similar problems when buying mine in November.

I havent fixed point 1 - I dont force it, if I cant get into 2nd I just throw it into 3rd, as its usually only first thing in morning when cold - so not raking it is this ok to do guys??

2 - I had a really bad clicking - I had to replace the bush and banana arm on the front passanger side, ZMANALEX sorted me out! :pmzmanalex: But I kind of wish I did the drivers side, as the passanger side is much quieter now. - not sure about the back links though

HAVENT REGRETTED A DAY THOUGH!! Everything can be fixed!