Weight

CaptainSensible

While its true that 2006 model has a few extra bhp its also a fact that it weighs considerably more than the older version, around 75 kgs so the performance difference is pretty slim tbh. The main difference as I see it is the uprated lighting and interior are enough of an improvement to make them a bit more desirable.

This is the second time I've read this on the forum. Does anyone know why the 2006 weighs so much more? Unless there's a free gold bar hidden somewhere inside each 2006 model that I haven't found yet. :shrug:

Here are the official weights for U.S Models. Obviously, the face lift alone wouldn't add this sort of weight so there must have been several undocumented changes.

pre 2006

Coupé:

3,188 lb (1,446 kg) (Base)

3,197 lb (1,450 kg) (Enth)

3,217 lb (1,459 kg) (Perf)

3,247 lb (1,473 kg) (Tour)

3,225 lb (1,463 kg) (Track)

Roadster:

3,428 lb (1,555 kg) (Enth)

3,462 lb (1,570 kg) (Tour)

2006-onwards

Coupé:

3,339 lb (1,515 kg) (Base)

3,346 lb (1,518 kg) (Enth)

3,400 lb (1,500 kg) (Tour)

3,404 lb (1,544 kg) (Grand)

3,353 lb (1,521 kg) (NISMO)

Roadster:

3,580 lb (1,620 kg) (Enth)

3,600 lb (1,600 kg) (Tour)

3,602 lb (1,634 kg) (Grand)

Pete

Just like women. Sometimes a fuller figure is more exciting :lol:

and sometimes its a joy killer too ;):lol:

Lol in car world that would be like the rolls Royce range :lol: too many pounds spoiling the fun!

Will take her a while to get moving and once you get her going you'll struggle to stop her :lol:

Lol in car world that would be like the rolls Royce range :lol: too many pounds spoiling the fun!

Will take her a while to get moving and once you get her going you'll struggle to stop her :lol:

some people say fat girls are more fun, they don't get it that often so when they do they go all out; :lol: not sure it applies to cars though :lol:

some people say fat girls are more fun, they don't get it that often so when they do they go all out; :lol: not sure it applies to cars though :lol:

Lol I'm not talking fat hanging over waist stuff here lol. I'm thinking more along the lines of 350z fat. Packing a big arse but the correct shape, some nice meat on the hips with a well shaped upper front end :lol: