Is it worth getting a remap??

matty316

I would do all your bolt on mods before going for the remap mate! :thumbs:

You wont see huge gains with a remap, however you should see some BHP improvement and more mid range torque I believe. Most members comment on the car become much nicer to drive with smoother power delivery and even improved mpg returns.

Look in abbey or RS tuning threads - there are lots of reviews,

I'd happily go all the way down to Abbey's, good excuse for a nice drive haha. Had my Zed wrapped up in my driveway for 5 months!! been driving a 1999 1.5lt Mazda 323 :(

Meh! another fair weather Zedder :p

Quite a few people travel a long way to go to Abbey, but RS are very well regarded too I am sure some closer to you can give you some good recommendations :thumbs:

As said above it is a good idea to decide on what you are going to get done before you get the upRev, plenum spacer is pretty much a must do other than that just a good intake filter and maybe an exhaust/ypipe/cats if you really want to splash the cash B)

It is hard to describe the smoothness and pull you get from the upRev, it really has to be experienced. The throttle is opened up to 100% which gives you more precise, smoother and instant control and the torque is stronger and available lower down so it just pulls and pulls... and then pulls a little bit more :drive1

Well it was originally parked up due to the fact that i thought i was going to have to sell it, but i've remortaged the house and payed the finance off on the car!! haha

Thanks for the reply, i think i'm going to take your advice and get a plenum spacer before i probably go and get it re-mapped. Just e-mailed mark from Abbey asking him a few questions.

Surprised that your not going to RS leeds,even mark from Abbey will tell you that they are equally as professional as they are. Nearly all motorway from your place and in the end cheaper for you. A remap has to be one of the best investments on the Z but only after you've had all your mods done first. Had mine done a couple of weeks ago, totally changed my cars performance.Love it.

Well it was originally parked up due to the fact that i thought i was going to have to sell it, but i've remortaged the house and payed the finance off on the car!! haha

Thanks for the reply, i think i'm going to take your advice and get a plenum spacer before i probably go and get it re-mapped. Just e-mailed mark from Abbey asking him a few questions.

If you get it all done at the same time then you might get a good price, you can do the plenum spacer yourself if you know what your doing and have all the right tools etc as the bolts have to be quite precisely tightened up :thumbs:

I would give RS a call too though, much much closer and will do an equally good job :#1:

• 3 weeks later...
The throttle is opened up to 100%...

I keep seeing this stated on the forum but I asked Paul at RSTuning about this and he said it was a myth and he could see nothing in the software to suggest that the throttle opening was limited in the lower gears. I know there is a guy on this forum who has bought the Uprev software to tweak his own car and I seem to remember him saying the same thing too.

If this is the case I think what people are perceiving as more throttle opening is just more torque and the fact that the throttle response, not opening, has been improved via tweaking the fly by wire throttle (like a D1 controller does).

But on the flip side, Abbey's web site says this:

The ECU has the built in ability to self tune both the fueling and ignition and the car uses a fly by wire throttle system so this also control the bhp/torque in the lower gears by not allowing the throttle to be opened 100% in the 3 lower gears, 1st gear 65%, 2nd gear 70%, 3rd gear 80%.

http://www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk/site_flash/index3.html

So really, what is the score with this? :surrender:

Hi,

I must admit I have changed my thoughts with regards the throttle limiting issue on the 350Z's

They arent limited by a percentage in the lower gears , whats happens is the throttle response is slower in the lower 3 gears , as the car has a fly by wire even if you deck the throttle you dont instantly get 100% throttle the butterfly slowly opens up to 100% on the stock map . When we Uprev this is remove (remap throttle response) so the car has the same throttle butterfly response in all 6 gears. This is done within the remap.

We can also make the throttle pedal to butterfly ratio 1 to 1 this makes a very respensive car you lose cruise if you have it but it makes the car not nice to drive in town and small throttle openings, most people that trackday heavily like this mod.

I do need to update my website re Uprev throttle response.

Any more questions ask away

hi, only had car a few weeks, love it etc! been thinking about a remap and, after reading some of the threads, people often mention plenum spacers, just what exactly are we talking about here. am led to believe they go in to manifold to make intakes equal. and are they really worth doing, expense etc! before considering remap. yours head scratchinglly, russ.