Which HPC for a service?

philb1965

Due my first service around the end of March so I'm going to take it to a nissan HPC. I have the first 2 services free. Don't trust the local clowns.

Closest to me is Marshalls at Cambridge but I think it's reputation isn't great.

Next would be Oxford or WLMD's north london garages.

My mate used Motorline who are top notch according to him, so if I have to I'll drive down there but it would be nice to go somewhere closer.

Does anyone have any experience of these places?

Cheers

Phil

Ian Fraser at Motorline Tunbridge Wells should sort you out a good deal and I was very satisfied with the care and work done :thumbs:

Yep I have his email, my friend dealt with Ian and had nothing but praise. Just a little far for me but not out of the question.

They did some extra stuff like cleaning the injectors and flushing the engine oil through with mineral oil and then using semi-synthetic oil for the refill (at a cost) but come highly recommended.

WLMG are good IMO, but its quite a long way for you to go. IIRC Mill Hill was their first HPC, its where I was offered to go and have a test drive of the 370z and GTR but never made it up there. Having dealt with Slough, they are up to the job, its where mine will be going for its first service. Saying that, any HPC should be good enough, I'd be worried if they werent as they have to look after GTRs which are much more complicated and expensive :surrender:

:teeth: WLMG...I was close!

There are no HPC's near me unfortunately. Slough is closer than Motorline (Tunbridge Wells), so it's good to know they are OK.

Marshalls put me off when I wanted to get a wheel repaired. Got put through to the bodyshop and the bloke I spoke to didn't know what a 370z alloy looked like! I won't be going there.

Anyone used West Way at Oxford? That would be the easiest and shortest distance (about 70 miles).

Thanks for the replies so far.

• 1 month later...

Just had mine done at WLMG Shepperton, they were efficient and also replaced the hatch springs under warranty ( had to go back a week later while they checked it out with Nissan ) £225 with another year RAC cover.

• 1 month later...

I'm in North London and just drove out to Kings Langley to take the car to Japex. I cannot say how glad I am that I took it to them and not a main dealer. The guys were as friendly as anything, spent a good 30 minutes with me, found and solved my problem and didn't charge me a penny.

I would not hesitate to chose Japex if you want someone who clearly knows and cares about what he is doing with your car, I will be going back there for any major work now for sure, even though its a fair distance more than my nearest WLMG.

Thanks Japex.