Auxiliary Belts - DIY or Definite Garage Job??

Mickeywheelspin

Hi,

Currently have the Zed in for a P3 and the garage (Nissan Slough) have advised that the auxiliary belts are cracked and they want £155 to do them. OEM parts come in at about £40 so just wanted to check with someone whos done it before if this was a possible DIY job or if it had to be done at the garage? I'm reasonably car savvy but usually work on older engines.

Sorry don't have a Haynes manual yet to check the amount of work (will be getting one).

It's a 56 reg GT.

Thanks!

Thanks - found that while Doris was off asking for the parts prices which encouraged me to ask if anyone here has actually done it. I've had problems before with online guides making a job sound easy then when you've got it all apart it becomes apparent that the person who wrote it has never been under a car before or fails to mention the use of special tools.

There is a guide on here and it looks like a piece of pee !!!

have a search

I had a quick look earlier and found nout but have had a closer look and doug this up viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16644 :doh:

Sounds perfectly doable :D

Thanks for the quick replies guys - this forum is awesome :#1: